Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

New to the Group...Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Tara and we have a 13 month old boy. My husband and I are so new at this that we often finding us googling for advice and I thought to myself it would be nice to join a site that offers advice for other moms or dads to relate to. Areas we need help in: getting our son to sleep through the night, introducing solid foods and saving money and possible websites where we can buy baby stuff. Thank you to all that comment on this. I am looking forward to read everyones advice. =)

Tara

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gweneveer
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Welcome to the group and CM too!!! I'm Colleen. This is a fantastic site!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamamedic69
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Welcome to the group. There are lots of mom's on here who all have great advice. I'm a mom to a 3 year old girl and I'm married to my high school sweetheart.
sunsetbeach81
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

My name is Tara also! And Welcome to the site and this group! You will find lots of advice and friends here!

corrinacs
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Hey mama,

Welcome to the group :) :).  Indee,d it is so nice to hear it from other parents that you know about the very questions you ask :) :).  Its much easier since we can frame our answers around your quetsion :).

1. Sleeping through the night.  DO you happen to know why he doesn't sleep through the night?  Could it be that he's hungry? Perhaps overloading his bottle before bedtime (if he's a formula fed baby).  To do this, simply put in an extra scoop of formula in the same amount of water....could keep him fuller longer.  We are doing this with my baby to help him gain more weight.....its had an added effect of making him sleep longer :).  Also, what else could be causing him to wake up?  Find what he may like...night light, music, TV on/off, etc. :) . You will find the right environment for your baby :).

2. You may want to read the book Baby Led Weaning.  Its based on principals from moms who breastfeed, but anyone could really benefit from it (unless you have a baby with oral sensory issues like mine :/.....it was useless to me).  But, this book shows you how you can just introduce foods.  He's 13 months old, so he should be good enough to try most of the foods in this book.  I found mine on Amazon and its pretty cheap :).

3. Saving money?  Whevere you buy things, look online for coupons.  Buy your groceries online as you'll be less likely to make impulse buys...make lists so you don't make impulse buys, plan your meals, cook yourself more often (crockpots are the best thing since sliced bread...really).  

4.  Money saving websites?  Diapers.com is a great one to buy baby items.  Personally, I bought a subscription to Amazon Prime and I get subscribe and save for many items :).  You buy it in bulk, but its stuff like toilet paper, diapers, fomrula, etc.  The nice thing is that it ships free and appears on your doorstep :)

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hi and welcome!!!!

LOVES67
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Hi Tara welcome to the group, pleasure to have you here..
sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Hi! Welcome to the group!

AnGLInterrupted
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Welcome to the group!

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Hi Tara! Welcome to the group! This is a great place to get advice. :)

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN