Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What to get for Christmas? What are your kids fave things?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am trying to figure out whatto get my 15 month old ds for Christmas. I have two older boys and that is the problem! I feel like we have everything..

The only thing I can think of is a Puppet stage and puppets.

What are your toddler getting or what are there fave toys?

My guy loves his train table and Thomas trains, his geo trax, hotwheels and parking garage, and his toy kitchen, melissa and doug bricks, V-Tech alphabet train and animal set, and his pop up play tents and tunnels.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gweneveer
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM

bump

LOVES67
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM
My 4 yr old wants everything he sees in TV, so not sure what I'll buy him..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM

We are getting Leo his own small backpack to put his toys in, some pjs, and some more games for babies :).  He's 1.

Caden, we are having a harder time with haha.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM

My son will be 19 months for Christmas.  He is getting an animal rescue shape-sorting truck, a Fisher Price Wheelies train track, a set of Dora books (his obsession), and an outfit.  In his stocking he is getting Dora bath squirters, a bath mitt puppet, a 3 piece knob puzzle, and a character cup (he doesn't use sippy/straw/mug toddler cups).

He will also be getting some more presents as "Santa" presents, but we won't go shopping until right before Christmas for those so I don't know what we will grab.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I haven't even looked at toys to get yet. lol. I'm thinking we might just do clothes. grandparents usually have the toys covered

womanwifemomof3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I packed away the good lil kid toys and got rid of the rest.  I have two older kids and plenty of toys. 

The big kids and I will pull the old nice toys from the basement and wrap them up to give to the baby. 

He will love his gifts and never know the difference.  The older kids will have fun wrapping their old toys as gifts, and I wont waste my money. 

I did this with my 2nd child too.  This year the older two have specific requests.  My 4 yrold wants a metal detector and my 7 yr. old wants a sewing machine to make doll clothes and stuff.

Malley
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM
I don't know either. We walked through the toy section at Target this morning and both boys (2 and 5) were drawn to cars and trucks the most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I'm getting my ds 22 mths some trucks or a train.  He likes musical things so I'm hoping to find something cute that plays songs.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

My 17 month old DS loves stuffed animals.  He isn't getting those for Christmas. He is getting Tag Junior from Leapfrog. We have played with it a little since I had to set it up while we had internet and he likes it.  He is getting Cogsley the robot from Vtech, LOL Elmo (this is a gift from the new baby in April), a vetch smartphone so he will leave my phone alone, The fisher price little people zoo playset and some animals.  He is also getting some Handy Manny pez dispensers which we will use as a potty reward.  He is getting his first potty too!
We got an alphabet floor mat for him recently and he loves when we make the squares into cubes and he can stack them.

He is our first so he gets everything.  The new baby won't get too much early on, especially if baby is a boy.   

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

This is what we plan on doing next Christmas with some of the baby toys we have.  If baby is a girl though we will get some new stuff for her.  

Quoting womanwifemomof3:

I packed away the good lil kid toys and got rid of the rest.  I have two older kids and plenty of toys. 

The big kids and I will pull the old nice toys from the basement and wrap them up to give to the baby. 

He will love his gifts and never know the difference.  The older kids will have fun wrapping their old toys as gifts, and I wont waste my money. 

I did this with my 2nd child too.  This year the older two have specific requests.  My 4 yrold wants a metal detector and my 7 yr. old wants a sewing machine to make doll clothes and stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN