Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Potty Training-3 day method- *Edit in replies*

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 17 Replies

Not  sure how many of you used the 3 day method to potty train.  I got the ebook from a friend and read it. Got my DS3 prepared by offering words of encouragement, telling him he was a big boy, diapers are for babies, phew-yucky, your a big boy and big boys use the potty- for at least a few weeks. So, today we started. My oldest DS8 is off for Thanksgiving break. We do not have anywhere we need to go or be for the next 3 days. I got DS3 excited last night about becoming a big boy and wearing undies. This morning, when he woke up, I got him excited again.

So far, he has only peed in his undies once. He was playing with his brother and had an accident.  In the middle of a bowl movement, I rushed him to the potty but we didn't make it on time. Together, we took off the undies "eww and yucky" he said. He helped put the poo in the potty, wipe and flush and clean the undies for the wash.  I keep asking every few minutes if he needs to go potty and sometimes he comes to me "Mommy, potty"

So far so good I think. Tonight, may be another story! Lucky his bed has plastic wrap still on it, so all we have to do is change undies, wash up, and change sheets if there is an accident. Today during nap, he woke up dry. We went potty right after he woke up. So here's hoping and crossing fingers this will go great. Older DS8 was really easy to potty train, but also had the help of daycare as I worked a lot. This time around I am a SAHM.

The first time we tried potty traing, it did not go so well. So, we waited a few months, got the 3 day methodebook and now I am trying again. Anyway, thanks for reading how the first day went, and please any suggestions or comments are welcome and apperciated! Just please be kind.

****We are potty trained!!!!! So happy, and it was easier then I thought! He even goes #2. He is not trained at night fully. Some nights he wakes me up to potty, sometimes not. So we have been putting a pull-up on over his undies at night. That way he can still feel he went potty. He is doing great! Even when were out and about, he tells me and find a place to go potty! I am so proud of him. Thanks all for the advice!!!******

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Whoo-hoo for a successful first day!!! Thanks for sharing your progress. Keep us updated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunsetbeach81
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I will! I will edit with each day and how it went. I have heard a lot of Mom's rave about this book, so I thought I would give it a try. Thank you!

Quoting mamamedic69:

Whoo-hoo for a successful first day!!! Thanks for sharing your progress. Keep us updated.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!! Hope it works for ya! We put dd1 to bed tonight without a pull up for the first time she just turned 3 in September. She's woken up dry the last 4 nights so we told her she could try no pull up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunsetbeach81
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

BUMP

Gweneveer
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck mama!

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We used this method and it worked! Took her about 4 days.  I had tried oither ways with my dd,  but nothing else worked! Just be consistent. Good luck! fingers crossed

sunsetbeach81
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Today is Day 2:

So far, we had a poo accident. And one pee.  Ladt night, he woke up screaming because he had wet the bed. He was afraid and didnt know the wet feeling really, in the middle of the night. So I calmed him down, washed him off, changed the sheets and put fresh undies on him. Gave him a small drink of milk to settle him down and help him go back to sleep. I was so tempted to toss on a diaper, but thought it through and stuck to undies. He asked for one. I told him no, he was a big boy now and diapers are for babies, besides they are all gone gone. He  woke up as he was peeing the bed. So, I bathed him and put clean undies. Changed the sheets, etc etc.

He seems to not want to poo in the toliet. He has only gone in his undies. He seems to be making it ok for peeing. Hopefully, tomorrow and tonight will be better. Any advice on going #2?

Quoting sophiesmom07:

We used this method and it worked! Took her about 4 days.  I had tried oither ways with my dd,  but nothing else worked! Just be consistent. Good luck! fingers crossed

pipers_mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Good luck! DS1 is ready but still needs help getting his undies on and off and help getting on the toilet and with a 6 week old it was just getting to be too much for me so we stopped and will try again when the baby is a little older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM
I think i may try that with dd. We are doing pullups right now. I get her excited all the time. She helps me pull her pants and her "panties" aka pullups down and up when she is done. I taught her how to wipe her private area when she is done. And she gets excited to flush the potty and wash her hands when she is done. I ask her all the time if she has to go. She always says yes even if she doesnt have to. But she will not tell me she has to go potty herself until after she goes in her pants.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I just want to mention that you cannot night train a child. Its a physical development of a hormone that is released by the brain. He has no control over it, nor do you. I only say this so that if he picks the day time stuff up but keeps wetting the bed, its not due to anything else other than lack of maturity in his body. Don't feel like a failure if it becomes apparent that a night diaper might just be better until he consistently wakes up dry. No sense losing sleep over something neither of you can control. Just something to consider.

Congrats on your successes thus far!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)