Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Need tips on potty training my 34 month old lol

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

She's going to be 3 on January 23rd and I think its time to start potty training her. I started potty training my oldest at three and she finally got it before she turned 4 years old. The situation is different now tho. My dh does online school from home. He's studying to be a Medical Transcriptionist and that leaves me to watch the kids and keep them quiet so he can hear the voice recordings that he was to write down.

Well my 15 month old has actually starting climbing up on the couch recently and i get very paranoid with that. She has already fallen off twice so when she's on the couch i just hover around her or take her off. My dilemma is, that to potty train my 2 almost 3year old i'd have to take her into the bathroom and stay in there with her and I wouldn't be able to see my 1yr old. I was considering just waiting until my youngest was napping and work with it from there, but will that be too inconsistent to help her learn? I was also considering bringing out the portable training potty and just setting it in the living room but iDK how well that would work.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
baby7810
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM

i have a 2 1/2 year old starting to potty train and i nanny a 1 yr old. i had the portable out in the livingroom till the baby started climbing in it (ewww), so i moved it to the bathroom. i then took her  every hour or so. but i also let her run around with a nakey butt. i just recently learned that with a nakey butt she will tell me when she has to go potty nd take me to the bathroom lol. so Good luck and dont stress she will let you know when she is ready 

PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Is there a way to put a gate up in a safe room to keep your 1 year old contained while you are in the bathroom with your daughter?  I agree that there is a lot of "bathroom time" for us mommies while they are learning to use the potty.  You could also wait a few more months; the older she is when you start the faster she will get it and the less time you spend in the bathroom.

BlessedBeX3
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

not really. We pretty much only have the living room for them to play in bc 1yr old got her head stuck in my 2yr olds bed so I keep their door closed :[ i would wait but damn its like i want to get her out of diapers so we only have 1 in diapers ya know

Quoting PAmommy32:

Is there a way to put a gate up in a safe room to keep your 1 year old contained while you are in the bathroom with your daughter?  I agree that there is a lot of "bathroom time" for us mommies while they are learning to use the potty.  You could also wait a few more months; the older she is when you start the faster she will get it and the less time you spend in the bathroom.

I'm a pagan 23 year old mother of three who are 4, 2/12, and 1yr. 6 1/2 years strong with my Pagan/Duid highschool sweetheart and have been married for 2 years. All I want in life is for my family to be healthy happy and positive. Negativity is an infection and an unhealthy mind can become sick with negativity if infected. Blessed Be )O(
pagan 2

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM

well since you really only go to the potty every 30mins or so, can't you just take your 1 year old with you?  you won't be in there that long...  you could always put the baby potty next to the big potty and have your 1 year old copy big sister...

BlessedBeX3
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM
She's too little for that now and it wouldn't turn out that well. And bc it would be my two yr olds first time it may take a while but I'm gunna see how things go tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed :) Ty for the advice tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

i didn't mean to potty train your 1 year old, i meant for her to play on it and occupy her.  good luck!

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

She's too little for that now and it wouldn't turn out that well. And bc it would be my two yr olds first time it may take a while but I'm gunna see how things go tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed :) Ty for the advice tho

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)