Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

now what

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

i let the 3 yr old help decorate the tree tonight and noww she thinks she can keep rearanging ornaments on it shes driving me nutz

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MooreMom523
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Tell her no or just show her a couple that she can move around as she wants instead of moving all of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM

LOL  I think I am going to be getting them a smaller one just for them that will be fake and they can decorate it however they want to.  I was going to make one out of felt and make felt ornaments and since felt sticks to itself, they can go to town and I dont have to worry about them breaking anything!

HollyHawk333
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM
My girls have a small white one in their room with pink and purple ornaments and decorations that they can decorate as many times as they want.

Quoting MixedCooke:

LOL  I think I am going to be getting them a smaller one just for them that will be fake and they can decorate it however they want to.  I was going to make one out of felt and make felt ornaments and since felt sticks to itself, they can go to town and I dont have to worry about them breaking anything!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:31 AM

You can make some homemade play-doh as well and make ornaments with them from that. Roll it out and have them cut out shapes with cookie cutters, make a hole big enough for ribbon to thread through, let it harden and then have them paint the shapes. :-) After the paint dries thread the ribbon through, tie it in a loop, and hang it on the tree! :-) My kids made some last year and they all have still held up through to this year despite an overseas move. :-) Oh, but do remember if you do this that the bigger the shape the heavier it will be which means the hole for the ribbon needs to be farther down and the heavier ones could drag the tree branch downwards.

Quoting MixedCooke:

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Quoting GodsAmiga:

You can make some homemade play-doh as well and make ornaments with them from that. Roll it out and have them cut out shapes with cookie cutters, make a hole big enough for ribbon to thread through, let it harden and then have them paint the shapes. :-) After the paint dries thread the ribbon through, tie it in a loop, and hang it on the tree! :-) My kids made some last year and they all have still held up through to this year despite an overseas move. :-) Oh, but do remember if you do this that the bigger the shape the heavier it will be which means the hole for the ribbon needs to be farther down and the heavier ones could drag the tree branch downwards.

Quoting MixedCooke:

yeah that is it though, I find the clay ones too heavy for the tree often times.

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Quoting MixedCooke:

yeah that is it though, I find the clay ones too heavy for the tree often times.

I use the little mini ones. I have some that are also from one of those play-doh bags where you get 4 small cans of play-doh and assorted animal cutters along with a couple things like play-doh scissors. They work great. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN