Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

? regarding potty training (naps & nighttime)

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you put a diaper on them during the first few days, when they go down for a nap & bedtime?

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Are you just starting. My children really didn't get the nighttime down untill about a year after they were potty trained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bittersweet.
by Jamie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Planning on it. I just wasn't sure about nights. I was assuming to put diapers on during these times, then give it time to nap/night train him!

Quoting snowangel1979:

Are you just starting. My children really didn't get the nighttime down untill about a year after they were potty trained.

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I didn't pull night pull ups till he was dry for a month, nap pull-up went sooner by about 2 weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I use pull ups at night. Sometimes he's dry in the morning, sometimes I have to change the sheets at dark thirty in the morning. He doesn't really nap anymore. I wish he did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM

No.

Just put a towel underneath.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Day training and night training are 2 completely separate issues.  You can day train a child but can't night train them.  Staying dry while sleeping is a matter of physical maturation where a hormone is released in the brain.  It happens when it happens and we don't have any say in it.  With some kids it happens early and they are dry at night the same time they are day training.  Others day train but need sleep help for quite a while afterward.  Use a diaper/pull-up for naps/sleeping until your child wakes up dry for at least 2 weeks and then try without.  Protect your mattress.

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:38 AM

It depends. My oldest never had to night train because she woke up dry every night by 18 months. But my second (2 years) still wakes up wet sometimes so she wears a pull-up at night. I've never had to do that for naps but she doesn't take naps every day and when she does it's usually only for a hour or maybe two.

Shelhead
by Michelle on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:11 AM
We never had issues staying dry during naps, but occasionally do for nighttime. So I'd put a pull up on at night, but as long as he uses the bathroom before nap he I'd leave him in underwear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I did for the first week with my youngest, but she kept waking up dry so we stopped. Night time can last longer with needing a pull up or diaper for some kids

mommyfish0f2
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM

My daughter is 4 and is potty trained during day and nap time but no such luck at night.  Any tips?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)