Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Constipation help please!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM
  • 26 Replies
My dd is constipated pretty bad. What can I give her to get her to poop. She had an appt on the 18th and we went over diet and bla bla, but hr didnt tell me how to get her unconstipated, so the diet will work. Help please I know she was constipated then and I know she hasn't gone since AT LEAST wed. Help desperate what do I do, she won't eat out drink prune stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM

How old?  We used Miralax for both kids.  Dose varied.  I would call your pedi and ask for an initial dose recommendation.  It's a stool softener, not a laxative.  My pedi always points out that most kids don't have diets that provide enough fiber so the Miralax helps a ton. 

bekalynne440
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:43 PM
That probiotic yogurt drink really helped my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Apples and apple juice. This may sound icky but it worked on both my little ones. Their poop was so hard in there that it needed help getting out so I stuck the tip of my pinkie up there to loosen it up and splat! The Dr. was the first one to do it.

twokids0407
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Dd is 5 and weighs 42lbs. he said something about miralax, but didn't say it would help with backing up, he also didn't say anything about dosage so I will have to call. I think I will look into the yogurt for everyday to keep her soft, thanks ladies, just at a loss, my ds has a taste of citrus and has diarreah for days. Anymore than that his tongue swells.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twokids0407
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I did that 2 times before she turned one, but I felt like I violate her. Just can't do it no more.

Quoting virgochild79:

Apples and apple juice. This may sound icky but it worked on both my little ones. Their poop was so hard in there that it needed help getting out so I stuck the tip of my pinkie up there to loosen it up and splat! The Dr. was the first one to do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I just realized she's 5, yea, you're right, I wouldn't do that to her at this age either. They were babies when this happened, but try apples and apple juice and have her rock back and forth on the toilet while she tries to go. Really sucks they can't see her right away.  Good luck 

Quoting twokids0407:

I did that 2 times before she turned one, but I felt like I violate her. Just can't do it no more.

Quoting virgochild79:

KRIZZ25
watch out who ur talking to ..wolves come in many coats ,colors,
Today at 5:29 PM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM
i have a 7 year old that has issues like that ..we use Miralax and lot water..
Gweneveer
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Apple's, prunes, Miralax.
1moretolove
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Miralax daily, my dd is 4 and weighs 35lbs, I fill the cap up to the very first ridge and put it in her juice every morning. It works wonders.
cmorris1200
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Will she eat prunes??  I know that helped my dd get off Miralax.  She (5.5 yo) understands that she has to have them to make soft poops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)