Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Whining

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
Is there a way to stop whining? Recently Ive noticed my son has been doing it a lot. Its starting to pluck my nerves something terrible. Its usually when he doesnt get his way or if he just doesnt like something.
His dad and I have been apart for over a month now and that seems to be when it started, or shortly after. His dads absense hasnt made a big impact on him. For the thres years we have been a family his dad was never really present. Could it be because hes constantly around women?
I dont know if its something he will grow out of or if it will get worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hey mama,

He will need some extra cuddles as he goes through the seperation of you two, so just spend soem extra quality time with him.  That may help for the most part.  And talk about his feelings about what's going on.

As far as the whining, don't let him do it regardless of what's going on.  Just don't let him have what he wants and don't acknowledge his problem.  That should nip it in the bud.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is he? 3? Tell him you can't understand him when he whines, so to use his big boy words.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM

bump

Smilely08
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM
My 2 year old whines also but for the most part he is either hungry or tired. I tell him I cant understand him when he whines and tell me what it is he wants, if that doesnt work I ignore him and he stops when he finds out he not getting any attention. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Bust that butt or dicipline in a different way. Thats what we do

momx2stepmomx1
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It may be due to the separation, but my son whines too.  We just tell him that we can't understand his whining and to use his words.  When he stops and forms words the whining stops.  But lawd...for six months we have dealt with it and we are together!  It's very aggrivating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)