Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

First time venturing out...since potty training! I'm nervous!

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
We've been cooped up for a week now. My son has been awesome and has had maybe a total of 4 accidents. We are meeting my husband for lunch. I plan on having him pee before we leave. Then asking when we get to the restaurant. Any tips?! If he has an accident, he has an accident...I'm just hoping its not in his car seat. If he falls asleep I'm thinking there is the likely hood of an accident ;-) ha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Just make it clear that he needs to tell you when he needs to go.  And if he does go when you are out and about....just leave wherever you are.  It might ruin your day so to speak, but it will get the message across.

But hopefully, from what it sounds, you won't have a problme :).

jen6807
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM
My daughter was always fascinated with public bathrooms lol so I never had to worry she had to go every time we went into a store or restraunt. Good luck to you! :)
PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Don't stress over it.  I was out of the house the second day my son was in underwear.  We had plenty of pee and poop accidents in public places, it happens.  Just take a change of clothes, or two, and go about your business.  I would also just take him to the bathroom every hour or so while you are out.  If you ask him if he has to go he might say no even if he really does need to.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Dont give him lots to drink. Just keep bringing him to the potty and bring lots of extra clothes. Lol good luck!
PEEK05
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

My BIL told me to bring a fleece blanket and sit it underneath just in case there was an accident, at least most of it would be soaked up into the blanket and can be tossed into a bag until home.  However, my daughter never had one single accident in public so hopefully yours is the same! Good luck. :)

Shelhead
by Michelle on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I wouldn't stress over it. I went out a couple days after we started and it was just fine. We use the potty before we leave house as a rule, even now after about 6 mo. Then I just periodically asked. We've only had 1 accident while out except a couple times he moved while peeing and got his clothes. If I'm out just grocery shopping or something ill bring a pair of underwear and pants. If we're going to be most of the day I'll bring 2 sets just in case. The worst was before he would poop in the potty most of the time and he said he had to go, but refused to go before we left. We got to a park and he pooped in his pants 30 min later. He looked so sad and the closest bathroom was across the street in another building. He had to waddle all the way there with the lump in his underwear (sorry tmi), but he started going more so we haven't had a poop accident away from home again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)