Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

123 magic discipline

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
Can anyone tell me what this is and how it works? Thanks in advance
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
vrbtnseele
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KSK0811
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't found much on this.

Step 1: Control Obnoxious Behavior. Learn a simple technique to get your kids to STOP doing what you don't want them to do (whining, arguing, tantrums, sibling rivalry, etc.).

Step 2: Encourage Good Behavior. Learn several effective methods to get your kids to START doing what you do want  them to do (cleaning rooms, going to bed, homework, etc.).

Step 3: Strengthen Relationships. Learn powerful techniques that reinforce your bond with your children. You will also learn how to manage the Six Kinds of Testing and Manipulation, how to handle misbehavior in public and how to avoid the Talk-Persuade-Argue-Yell-Hit Syndrome.

PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I read the book.  Basically, when your child behaves in a way you don't like you start counting "That's 1" if they don't stop you continue "That's 2" and once you say "That's 3" you take them to their room for time out.  The author advocates locking them in their room if they don't stay.   My understanding of the specific technique is that it doesn't allow much for actual teaching and allowing the child to learn.  You just count and if the child doesn't comply they get punished.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a book you can check out at the library. :) There might also be some workshops around you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN