Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take it back or give it to them?

Posted by   + Show Post
I bought my daughter who's 1 a disney princess LeapPad2 and my son who's 4 a green leap pad2. Too much? I don't know.

I want them to learn but should I have waited to get it for my daughter? I saw both of them on Black Friday and jumped without thinking it through.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Personally I'm a fan of VTech and Leap Frog.  My DD loves the little VTech laptop that we bought for my son when he was a baby.  There is also this one that I wanted but never bought.  It says for 3-6 year olds but my daughter learned her letters before she was 2 so it's never too early to start!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3559694

USMCwife0530
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM
And even if she did, the iPad is for her and her SO. I, too, agree with not buying such expensive items for kids. I have an iPad too and my 4.5 year old son HAS to ask for permission to use it.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Nope.  I wouldn't spend money on an iPad in a million years.  Someone gave that to us as a gift..

Quoting StrawberryCool:

But Youll spend 500 on an iPad....

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Personally I don't like them.  I used one at a friend's because we were considering it for my 3 1/2 year old and I didn't like it at all.  I prefer to just let them use our iPad or Kindle Fire with educational apps downloaded.  They are ours but they can use them with permission.   I also am not 100% on board with kids that age having such an expensive toy.  Your 1 year old is too young for it so it's just going to sit there and hopefully not get broken.  By the time she can use it, it'll be obsolete :)  Your 4 year old might like it.  I just wouldn't spend that much on a toy but that's just me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM
She will grow into it, just show her how to take care of it & have the warrenty. my 2yo dd has her own tablet she does great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

my son loved his. i say keep it

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM
How 1 are we talking here. Like just turned one or like 20 months. LOL.

If you got a good deal, you could put it up and give it to her next Christmas or see later on during the year. If she keeps stealing your DS's you could give it to her.

I'm sure leapfrog isn't going to go bad in a year. My DS had one for like 4 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Ava.Ayden
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM
She's 14 months. And I got a good deal, I bought my sons, and my friend didn't want the one she bought for her daughter so she gave it to me.

Great idea!!

Quoting snowangel1979:

How 1 are we talking here. Like just turned one or like 20 months. LOL.

If you got a good deal, you could put it up and give it to her next Christmas or see later on during the year. If she keeps stealing your DS's you could give it to her.

I'm sure leapfrog isn't going to go bad in a year. My DS had one for like 4 years.
quietbookworm
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I personally would take the one for the 1 yr old back.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I would have waited on your daughter for sure.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I think that's fine :) :).  Its nice that you got one for both of them so they won't be fighting over it :).

Aydnsmommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I just got my dd (almost 14 months) a pink laptop toy made by leapfrog. It says 2 years plus but she loved playing it in the store!

Quoting Mom2Ava.Ayden:

Thanks ladies! Like I said I wasn't sure for her, but I have also never bought things like that for my kids at all before as well. Looks like I have a trip to make for the store.

Are there anything interactive out there for my daughter? On the lines of learning?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)