Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Take it back or give it to them?

Posted by   + Show Post
I bought my daughter who's 1 a disney princess LeapPad2 and my son who's 4 a green leap pad2. Too much? I don't know.

I want them to learn but should I have waited to get it for my daughter? I saw both of them on Black Friday and jumped without thinking it through.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Gweneveer
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Too much for a 1 yr old imo.  My 4 yr old has one and I only let her use it sometimes.  Id say keep the one for your son!

furbabymum
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Yeah, books. I know, totally old school. I've got millions for my 1 year old. Some that have the buttons to make noises and such. Very educational!

Quoting Mom2Ava.Ayden:

Thanks ladies! Like I said I wasn't sure for her, but I have also never bought things like that for my kids at all before as well. Looks like I have a trip to make for the store.

Are there anything interactive out there for my daughter? On the lines of learning?

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I would worry about the one for your Daughter. I only say that because I have gotten gifts for my kids that they have destroyed. They are now old enough to really enjoy them but they don't work as well because I chose to give it to them when they were a little too young. You can always hold on to it and give it to her a little later like when she is 3...just a thought.

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM
You could hold on to hers till her birthday when it makes more sense to her? Suggestion is all
Ilaynasmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I would say take it back. Maybe get her a 25 dollar text and draw. She will think its the same thing. When shes old enough cant you make her a profile on her brothers? Then you will know when shes ready. 1 seems way too young imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taz1993
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM
What about the nabi Jr. Dd (5) has the nabi 2. Its a wonderful learning tool. I don't really know anything about nabi jr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM
How good of a deal were they???? Bc if so keep for the 2nd bday!!!!
Brandy85412
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM
do you know another preschool age child who who like the LeapPad? one is way to young imo..Or put it on Craigslist? Or give it to me LOL
CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Maybe get her the mypal violet puppy by leapfrog?

We got it for our 18 month old, and were looking at getting her the text n learn, my 3 year old is getting a leappad2..

My kids have a regular ipad they share, but if im not RIGHT there my oldest is off trying to buy apps or gets onto like the disney wensitr...so we got this for like when im busy or were in the car :P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The are great and my kids love them but I do feel that one is too young. She won't be able to play any games on it really.but your son will love it and do great with it. My daughter got hers for her third birthday and my son got his when he was three.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN