Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Take it back or give it to them?

Posted by   + Show Post
I bought my daughter who's 1 a disney princess LeapPad2 and my son who's 4 a green leap pad2. Too much? I don't know.

I want them to learn but should I have waited to get it for my daughter? I saw both of them on Black Friday and jumped without thinking it through.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Replies (31-37):
popomill
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM

For me, this is the first time I'm actually buying stuff for my son that uses batteries. He's 4. I really like the idea of using toys that run on imagination instead of batteries with a computer chip in it. My son does have a V-reader now, but he hardly uses it. He mostly wants to play with his action figures and on my wii or x-box but only if he's being really good. My SO got him a Nintendo DS, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it :/ But that's just me.

nikki4eva88
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Get them a Nabi and a Nabi Jr.
LACHESIS
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
My kids use our Nook. Both have been using it for over a year and know how to do a lot of things on it. They have it read to them (or the 5 year old tries to read), watch Youtube (G rated) videos (I am right next to him), listen to music, play games.
My husband still thinks a leapster/leappad is a good idea. I told him he is crazy. It's like he is obsessed with buying one even though I think they know the Nook just fine. Neither has ever dropped or broken it. Dh has one and we have a second one we call "Aiden's Nook" (it's actually mine ;) but he uses it 90% of the time).

Plus you have to buy stuff for the leapster/leappad, whereas I've gotten a lot of free stuff off the Nook store for free.
momof3jam
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I'd take pack DD's

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM
vtech. has some great. interactive toys. you might want to look them up inline

Quoting Mom2Ava.Ayden:

Thanks ladies! Like I said I wasn't sure for her, but I have also never bought things like that for my kids at all before as well. Looks like I have a trip to make for the store.

Are there anything interactive out there for my daughter? On the lines of learning?

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I don't know, I got my two littlest innotab 2's, they are 1.5 and 3

witchybabymomma
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

daughter may be too young, but if you got a good deal you could save it to give to her later. A really nice lady from cafemom sent my son a lot of things last year and had a leapster 2 in there. he was only 1 1/2 at the time so I saved it for this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)