Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How did you have me??

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
This is what my 5 year old keeps asking me. What and how to tell her??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
IQuitCounting
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I plan to be honest and tell my son the basics when he starts asking.  Not a bunch of details and all, but I do not want to do the stork or anything silly like that.  The details can be filled in as he gets older and wiser.  Just MHO.

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I told my dd she grew inside my belly. That held her for awhile. Then she asked bow she got.out, and I told her. She was horrified, haha.
babowes
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I said daddy and I prayed to god about you!
calvinsmommy18
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I told my 4 yr old ds they cut my tummy open and took him out. True story and didn't have to go into details. He hasn't asked how he was made Thank God.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymaid23
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Mommy n daddy decided to have a baby so we made u and u grew in my belly till u were ready and then I had u at the hospital/birth center/home when u were done cooking.
bhwrn1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Tell her the truth, in simple terms. That is what I tell my kids. They haven't asked about the actual action yet, but they know the basics.

mom2maryjoseph
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I told mine that with a little love from Mommy and Daddy God made them and placed them inside me.  They had to grow inside of me for a while to be big enough.  Then we went to the hospital and dr had to cut below my tummy to get to where they were.  They asked did hurt.  I told them a little, but they were so worth it.  My now 8 year old knows the scientific side of how an egg and sperm join and divide into a baby, but hasn't  asked how the sperm and egg get toagther.

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM

My 4 year old started asking questions when she was around 20 months old so I started simple. I was pregnant at the time so I just said that she grew inside my tummy just like her sister was doing. Gradually she wanted more details. She 4 now and she knows the details with simple terms. She knows how the baby is inside the tummy; there's an umbilical cord that is attached to something that gives the baby food and when the baby is born it gets cut and then after a while the rest of it falls off and that's why we all have belly buttons; she knows where the baby comes out of now and how it gets bigger to let the baby come out (she used to think they came out of the belly buttons so when I explained about the umbilical cord when she saw it in an ultrasound video thing she realized that the baby couldn't come out that way and wanted to know where the exit really was-lol). She really loves learning about it (she begged to let me come help me when I give birth with her brother but the hospital won't allow it). When she asked me how the baby got in my tummy I started out by just saying that God put the baby in there. When she started wanting more details I said that God uses mommies and daddies to help create the baby. With this baby we've watched a lot of in the womb videos and a couple have started from conception with the sperm swimming to the egg. So I explained that what she has decided to call the fish comes from daddy and the egg is inside of mommy and when the "fish" finds the egg they come together and a baby is created. It starts out teeny tiny and doesn't even look like a baby and it grows as God shapes him or her into a beautiful baby. With her being so young I don't want to go into every single detail all at once but as she asks I give her a little more. :-)

CROBERSON
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I told her the truth, and her eyes got really big and said oh! I thought that was funny! :)
She hasn't asked me again. I think she is asking me because I'm 31 weeks, and she is just curious on how her baby sister will get here!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN