Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My dd is four years old and 33lbs. That's like the 5th percentile for her age. She is in the 90th for her height though. She knows how to get in and out of her carseat by herself so I am thinking it's almost time for a booster seat. What do you ladies think?

Ok this post was not meant to cause drama. STOP IT!! What people do with their own children is no one else's business! I asked for advice and I got the answers I was looking for so thank you all and I really appreciate it. We will not be transitioning her for at LEAST another year. So there is no need to talk shit on each other anymore. 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM
LOL A carseat isn't going to do anymore damage then a booster would.
Keep her safe and in a 5 point.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

I was thinking the same thing. My husband and I were thinking we were going to wait until she was 5 or 6. Our neighbor has been pushing the issue because she wants to take her out and she's worried about what a car seat will do to her car...yeah I know. Lol. So I just texted her and told her not to get the booster seat. She's probably going to get a little upset... I hope not but I'm not budging. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM
You should booster train her now, though, for emergencies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM

My oldest is 6.5 and 5 point harnessed so for us no boostering at 4. 

I wouldn't rush it personally, they are safer harnessed.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I don't have an opinion one way or another on whether your dd is in a booster or not because she clearly meets the minimum standards but I just wanted to point out that there are 5 points that have a higher limit if she's outgrown whatever she was in.  My son will be 6 next week and is roughly 48 inches (average height) and 55lbs and fits very comfortably in his True Fit 5 point and probably has at least another 6-12 months in it.  I believe Britax has larger limits as well.  Again, totally your call I'm just pointing this out in case you want another option as a 5 point is obviously the safer option for as long as possible.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

no i did. 

but my daughter is too big for her car seat....

Quoting busymom64064:

lol WOW........You aren't seeing through what I am saying.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

i lean when i sleep in a car as well. 

Quoting busymom64064:

If she leans when asleep then she isn't ready for a booster.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

My dd is 4 and about 50.

Shes in a booster seat...I had to clean the car seat and I couldnt put it back together.

The only think I dont like is when she falls asleep she leans too far.

StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM

yes, well not sure if you've looked at the prices lately...but car seats are EXPENSIVE. 

and i am not going to be buyingon a seat every six months

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

I don't have an opinion one way or another on whether your dd is in a booster or not because she clearly meets the minimum standards but I just wanted to point out that there are 5 points that have a higher limit if she's outgrown whatever she was in.  My son will be 6 next week and is roughly 48 inches (average height) and 55lbs and fits very comfortably in his True Fit 5 point and probably has at least another 6-12 months in it.  I believe Britax has larger limits as well.  Again, totally your call I'm just pointing this out in case you want another option as a 5 point is obviously the safer option for as long as possible.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

no i did. 

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

My dd is 4 and about 50.

Shes in a booster seat...I had to clean the car seat and I couldnt put it back together.

michellej428
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM
She has to be 40lbs and changing her carseat has nothing to with if she is ready because she can get in and out of her carseat. Ds is 5 and well over 40lbs and still in a harness, that is where he will remain until he is too big. It's about what is safest for their little bodies and that is being harnessed. Come on mom, do your homework!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michellej428
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM
What's more important..money or your child's safety? I mean really!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

yes, well not sure if you've looked at the prices lately...but car seats are EXPENSIVE. 

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

no i did. 

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

My dd is 4 and about 50.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

if i didn't think it was safe for her to be in the booster seat she wouldn't be in one 

I MEAN REALLY. 

and if for some reason i need to put her back in the 5 point, i can easily do so, just need to reattach the top part, and adjust it.

Quoting michellej428:

What's more important..money or your child's safety? I mean really!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

no i did. 

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

My dd is 4 and about 50.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

my son is 5 and still in a harness. I'm not moving him to a booster for at least another year. I think the minimum recommended and law for some places is 4 years AND 40 lbs. I would personally wait but that's just me.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

why would you have to buy a seat every 6 months? I didn't know better and my son is on his 4th car seat now, but I knew better with my dd and she will be in the same seat from birth to booster seat around 6 years old. it was a very good investment for me to get the more expensive seat that has a taller shell.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

no i did. 

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

My dd is 4 and about 50.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN