Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

baby dolls

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 14 Replies

so, i'm not girly at all, and my 5 year old is a boy so i'm clueless here. Anyways, my dd will be 1 on new years eve and i was thinking for either christmas or her birthday I would get her a baby doll. She saw a commercial for them and got so excited so i'm sure she'll love it. What would be a good one for her age?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Ava.Ayden
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I got my dd the stuffed soft ones. You know the ones that she can sleep with. The fabrics is the hands and feet...well whole body and the face is the only thing plastic. Lol she has a bunch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Idk. Calvin and Kelsey each have a cheap one with a soft body and a hard head/arms/legs. Calvin seems to like them more than Kelsey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I don't know specifics but I feel like there are ones called something like "My First Baby" or something along those lines.  Target has an isle where you can look at them and see which ones are recommended for 12 months (or younger).  Toys R Us does as well.  We have a few of the soft stuffed ones but my DD plays with them rarely. 

CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM
My girls still have there my first" baby alive, its soft, hard face, its cute! I love it still :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:24 AM

lol. my son will for sure be trying to steal this doll if we get it.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Idk. Calvin and Kelsey each have a cheap one with a soft body and a hard head/arms/legs. Calvin seems to like them more than Kelsey.

calvinsmommy18
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:29 AM
My mom got Kelsey this doll last yr for Christmas. So Calvin called it baby Kelsey since she wasn't born yet. Then I found a tub of toys in the basement the other day and lo and behold Calvins doll my mom got him was in there. His is a boy doll lol. I wish I knew what my mom had done with my cabbage patch dolls. But I think she gave them away before we moved. She still has my barbies up in her garage though.

Quoting .Angelica.:

lol. my son will for sure be trying to steal this doll if we get it.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I got my DD this doll for her 1st birthday and she loves it!!! It's a nice size,weigh,quality and plus she smells like vanilla. The doll also comes in other ethnicticities.

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I like the little mommy dolls.
babowes
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM
A 1yr old just needs a target baby doll.
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I would say a soft one that she can hug and that isn't the hard plastic. I would also suggest one that doesn't make noise. One year I tried to find a doll for my Daughter that did nothing. Its hard. They pooped or peed or cried. Yikes! It was hard but I finally found a soft baby doll that did nothing. Of course seconds after she opened it, she drew all over her face. AHHHH LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN