Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Cup question

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to get my 2 year old to ditch the sippy cups but when he gets regular cups after he is done drinking he tosses the cup like he would a sippy. So I'm thinking about getting him something called Sassy Grow Up Cups. It looks like a regular cup but it doesn't have a lip and it's not suppose to leak cause it has a stopper in there. Has anybody used them before? This is what they look like.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
EmilysMom2010
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM
I've seen them and was skeptical. Here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Bump kuzz is like to know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I have seen those ,but I don't know how well they work. At that age, I had Caden use a sippy all day, but he used a small cup at hte table while eating.

STVUstudent
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I used something similar, and in my opinion, if it does not ACT like a regular cup, it does nothing to help train them to use a regular cup...  Teach junior to sit at the table with his cup, and if he has a tendency to throw it, put only a single swallow of two in it.  It this the age where they really start to see cause and effect.  He can see that if you throw your cup, anything it it comes out.  Until he can manipulate the cup without throwing it or spilling it, he sits at the table to drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)