Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 4 yr old is obsessed with having a boyfriend.

Posted by   + Show Post
My 4 yr old daughter is truly obsessed with having a boyfriend. She talks about her and a boy from school getting married. Yesterday she said he was not her boyfriend anymore that he was so&so's boyfriend. "That's why I was mean to so&so today." I told her that was not very nice and she replied "but mommy I really thought I was going to marry him" and today her teacher told me that she got very upset today after a "fight" with the boy and took both of her hands and pulled her own hair. That she had both hand full! I don't know where that reaction came from or why she is so obsessed with this boy. Can anyone give some advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
STVUstudent
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

My 5 year old son has decided that he is marrying one of the little girls in his class... but he says he needs to wait until they are in college.  Then he said he would only marry her if his sister didn't want to marry him...

sumannie
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Hopefully its just a phase.I have 3 year old that will turning 4 real soon and she had no idea what a boyfriend is but my sil always brings it up which annoys me and I can tell that dd doesn't care about that subject lol.
RarelyALazyDay
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
It's probably just a phase. My daughter is four as well and is obsessed with her "boyfriend/s". However, she only likes older men 😳 A boy in her class said he wanted to marry her and she told him he was just so young. She is currently "dating" a 17 and a 19 year old (my little sisters boyfriend and friend). Having a girl is going to be scary!
mjande4
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM
6 moms liked this

My first question would be what is she being exposed to outside or inside of your home?  What tv programs is she watching?  Does she have older siblings or cousins that have boyfriends?  This doesn't seem normal, but I wouldn't be overly alarmed.  It just seems that she is being influenced from somewhere and I would want to shut that down.

mama2gg
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

sounds totally normal to me

shyannsmomma
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM

My daughter will be 8 soon, and up until she was 7 she had no interest in boys. Now she has this boy that she plays with at school, all the girls want to play with him and my DD gets pissed if he plays with someone else. It is quite funny to hear her come home so pissed over who he played with today. She will say so and so took S away from me...

AZTECQUEEN2
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Bump

greeniemommy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM

by any chance does she has older sisters or family members she is around .. my 3 yr old has become so in love with justin bieber thanks to her 8yr old sister ... also now on to santa clause .. little girls look up to those older around them .. i just tell my little one that she is too small for a boyfriend .. she needs to be a grown up like mommy befor she can have one

inmybizz
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

IDK.. I have an 8 yr old and she still hasn't done the "boyfriend" talk.. I'm really happy about that  :) 

samiam2919
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no advice for now but when she's a teen & still wanting a boyfriend..........get a shotgun lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)