Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 yr old is obsessed with having a boyfriend.

Posted by   + Show Post
My 4 yr old daughter is truly obsessed with having a boyfriend. She talks about her and a boy from school getting married. Yesterday she said he was not her boyfriend anymore that he was so&so's boyfriend. "That's why I was mean to so&so today." I told her that was not very nice and she replied "but mommy I really thought I was going to marry him" and today her teacher told me that she got very upset today after a "fight" with the boy and took both of her hands and pulled her own hair. That she had both hand full! I don't know where that reaction came from or why she is so obsessed with this boy. Can anyone give some advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
BeAmour
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Oh man! Thank god I have a boy!

popomill
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Sorry, no advice. My son is already girl crazy, but he doesn't get like this. He just goes on about how all the girls in his class are his girlfriends, lol. Shoot, all of the boys are his boyfriend, lol. Good luck.

sugarfox72
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM
My daughter is 7 and we tease her about Justin Bieber being her boyfriend but other than that she has never said anything about having a bf. She has lots of friends at school who are boys but bf has never come up.
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM
how many people does she know in relationships?
cuz my 3yr old niece is convinced she's getting married, because she was just the flower girl in both my sisters weddings.She doesn't even have a "boyfriend ". she's just doing it because everyone else is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM
My son wants someone to marry like he was in tears about it at one point. He is four I just explained to him he has lots of life ahead and it's not something to worry about right now. Just he still talk about it yes but I'm not really worried about it right now
darciestar
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know what I would do. My 4 year old is boy crazy but not quite to that extent. You definitely need to talk to her. Maybe that'll help to find out what the real reason is for her wanting to get married.

tinkerspell
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:47 PM

my daughter did this too when she wint to kindergarden i didnt put much thought i always stressed she is too young to be thinking that and her body is a gift a gift you can only give once to your true love so to take things slow and choose very wisely to whom she gives that gift too cuz you cant take that back  

xocoutureandco
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

my daughter was four when she told me about her boyfriend '' Andy'' I thought it was cute lol.... now in days she is 6 and receiving love letters LOL

CuSukha
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM

So why call it something it isn't? My daughters best friend is also a boy.

Quoting audreesmama:

Haha! My 4 year old has a boyfriend...same one since she was 18 months old. They don't really know what it means or getting married. It's just her best friend.

babygomez
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Same here. My daughter is 4.

Quoting PEEK05:

Wow I have no idea.  My daughter will be 4 in February and has no idea what a boyfriend is.  Here is a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)