Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 4 yr old is obsessed with having a boyfriend.

Posted by   + Show Post
My 4 yr old daughter is truly obsessed with having a boyfriend. She talks about her and a boy from school getting married. Yesterday she said he was not her boyfriend anymore that he was so&so's boyfriend. "That's why I was mean to so&so today." I told her that was not very nice and she replied "but mommy I really thought I was going to marry him" and today her teacher told me that she got very upset today after a "fight" with the boy and took both of her hands and pulled her own hair. That she had both hand full! I don't know where that reaction came from or why she is so obsessed with this boy. Can anyone give some advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
PrissyKrissy02
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM

My niece was supposed to be the flower girl in my BIL's wedding. About 2 weeks before our wedding (we got married 6 months before his brother), she announced to everyone that she was NOT the flower girl in BIL's wedding. She was marrying BIL and she was the flower girl in our wedding.. Needless to say, she ended up being the flower girl in our wedding. Lol! We weren't going to have one until then. She was 4 at the time. She was boy crazy for a while, then boys became nasty again. Now, she is almost 13 and has a boyfriend. Meh. My oldest, who is almost 8, isn't even interested in boyfriends right now.

ALWsMomma
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Whew... my Dd is surrounded by boys and at this point in her life she doesn't know what a bf is. I hope it stays that way for a long time. She is 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I think is normal.  I was like this as long as I can remember.  Even in preschool, there was a boy named Evan, who I chased around trying to kiss.  We met up again in 5th grade!  So, normal.  But, as far as keeping her nice, I would recommend telling her that girls and boys don't date until they are in high school (or adults, whatever you want).  

FelixFelicis
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM

My daughter is six and obsessed with boys. It doesn't bother me much. She's been kissed by 6 boys and 3 girls! Ahaha. She had a girlfriend in Kindergarten, that was really cute. She talks about what she wants her wedding to be like too. She's always been the social girly type and not much into academics, which is fine. I'm proud she's passionate about something.

BlessedBeX3
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:25 PM

my 4 1/2 yr old dd talks about dancing with a prince while wearing princess gloves. I asked her if she likes boys and said yea but why do some have long hair like girls lol. and she asks me if boys play with toys and watch cartoons and play outside. she's not around boys ever. she has three sisters and no cousins near by lol

white_wolf454
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM

my son will be 5 this month and last week two little girls wanted him to follow them and the tugged him the started to aruge and my son sat down and waited for them to finish 

twogirl91
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I was that boy crazy all growing up, I told my mom when I was 5 years old I was getting married at 18 to a boy with red hair, guess who did exactly that? lol I married the boy I had a crush on in 5th grade and got pregnant right away. All I wanted to be was a mom and a wife my whole life. I didn't go to college even though I could have easily, it just wasn't what I wanted. Just please don't make her feel like getting married one day is a bad thing, so many people put me down. My mom always told me that I needed a hobby because once I got married I wouldn't have any other interest. As far as helping her not be overly obsessed, honestly I have no ideas, my mom tried everything. 

she_walk_softly
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Get her a pony!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
My 6 year old has a boy she talks about and I think is like a bf to her lol but not sure. I have always liked boys but I didn't grow up to sleep around or jump from boy to boy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamawolf1103
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

My daughter is 6 and has had the same "boyfriend" since 4. They both say they are going to get married and have kids when they grow up. She doesn't have the craziness though. They also don't go to the same school so she never sees him with anyone else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)