Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Bumps around 2 yr old mouth

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
My youngest has a cluster of bumps on the corner of her mouth. There are some in other spots as well, 2 on her neck, 1 on her stomach, and 1 on her chest.

I think the doctor said it was molluscum(sp?) but when I read about it, it sounds more serious than the dr said.

Has anyone dealt with this? They are flesh colored usually, sometimes look a little reddish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sugareemommee
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Bump
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Without seeing the bumps, I have no idea.

Momof2517
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Momof2517
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I just uploaded one

Quoting corrinacs:

Without seeing the bumps, I have no idea.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

It looks like what the doctor said to you as well....but it seems as if the prognosis isn't that bad in a child with a normal immune system.  IF you weren't satisfied with the doctor's answer, you should see another one for a second opinion, especially if those bumps stay there for long periods of time, look like its scarring or getting infected or causing pain while trying to eat.

Good luck mama. 

Momof2517
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Thanks! They don't seem to bother her at all. She just calls them her pimples :)

He said they could last up to 18 months...we are going on a year. She's just so precious, I hate her (or any child) having this on her face. It's sad.
mskeeinmd
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Eczema. My son had bumps that formed around his mouth, back, chest.  small and kind of reddish.  the doctor told me it was eczema. He got diagnosed at 2 months.  When he was 2 it really looked big and worried me that I took him to an allergist b/c I thought maybe he had eaten something and had an allergic reaction. She did testing and nothing came up.  She said it was most likely his eczema.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)