Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 3 1/2 year old DD has never been

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

afraid of the dark but now she is..Has any of your children started being afraid of the dark out of the blue like this?

CafeMom Tickers  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sumannie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Not mine, but sometimes they get scared when noises happen. I hope they don't bc they've pretty much been in the dark since they were smaller. They'll be 3&4 in a couple weeks. Did you child sleep in the dark?
newbabystarr09
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Yes, always she has since birth this s the 1st shes ever said she was afraid..Shes even called me back to her room before asking me to turn off the light in her room because I walked out and forgot

Quoting sumannie:

Not mine, but sometimes they get scared when noises happen. I hope they don't bc they've pretty much been in the dark since they were smaller. They'll be 3&4 in a couple weeks. Did you child sleep in the dark?

Roo1234
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM
3 moms liked this
It often happens when their imagination starts to take hold. before that dark is just dark, but with a strong imagination dark becomes scary
sumannie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Quoting newbabystarr09:

Yes, always she has since birth this s the 1st shes ever said she was afraid..Shes even called me back to her room before asking me to turn off the light in her room because I walked out and forgot

Quoting sumannie:

Awww! Does she tell you what she's afraid of?
newbabystarr09
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

She just tells me shes afraid of the dark and she has come up with this thing saying her bed is on fire..I don't know why shes saying this..I wrote another post with more detail on this but no one has answered..

Quoting sumannie:

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Quoting sumannie:

newbabystarr09
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

The post title is I don't understand what's going on here!   you may have seen it already

Quoting newbabystarr09:

She just tells me shes afraid of the dark and she has come up with this thing saying her bed is on fire..I don't know why shes saying this..I wrote another post with more detail on this but no one has answered..

Quoting sumannie:

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Quoting sumannie:

zkrd2009
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I am fortunate enough to have a psychologist in the family, which helped a great deal because my twins started this not too long ago and they just turned 3. Up until now, I have tried everything to make them not afraid. No movies or mention of being afraid, no night lights etc. I was informed in my situation that it is a power play of the children trying to gain control of the bedtime situation and not to give in. Well, I layed them down to bed and didn't acknowledge them being scared (which broke my heart) and within 3 days everything went back to normal. Hope this helps!!!

sumannie
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Quoting newbabystarr09:

The post title is I don't understand what's going on here!   you may have seen it already

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Quoting sumannie:

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Quoting sumannie:

No actually I haven't but I did see the title after I quoted you and thought it was about the same thing. I think shes become very attatched to you and that one way to get you there with her and confort her and all. She seems really sweet. And like the lady here said she could also be wanting to control the bedtime. My kids do. They say they have to potty or they're thirsty stuff like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)