Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 3 year old daughter is completely fine going to the potty during the day, but at night she pees the bed every time. We have even tried limiting her drinks before bedtime. Right now we have resorted to wearing pullups on her at night because she doesn't wake up after she does it either and we don't want her laying in her pee! Her matteress has a plastic cover on it, so I don't worry about that as much. Someone told me that wearing the pullups on her is encouraging it and as long as she is not making a big mess and making herself completely uncomfortable she will do it for as long as she can get away with it. That sounds a bit harsh to me, and I really don't see letting her sleep in her wet bed!

Who has dealt with this, and how did you deal with it?

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (91-100):
imultracool
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Im sure that is relatively normal. You should talk to her dr about it. I had a friend in elementary that wet the bed until she was 9. Her parents bought her this alarm thing that would wake her up if she began to pee. It helped her a lot. I think you should not worry too awful much about it though. She is still young.

MomOf2Girlies90
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM

My daughter is 4 and still wets the bed at least once a night. Her doctor told me six months ago to take her PullUps away and she should stop, but she still wets the bed every single night.

Mommy2Phenley
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I was expecting to read about an older child. Bed wetting is still perfectly normal at 3. DD is almost 4.5 and still wets most nights. She was doing good for a while and wore undies to bed for almost 2 months with only a few accidents. Then she got a really nasty cold and it set her back again. My friend said it's from the coughing, causes stress on the muscles. She hasn't kicked the cough yet, so I'm not even attempting to take the pull-ups away. I'm not concerned. I wet the bed way late, so I'm half expecting a rough time. No sense starting the stress of it earlier than necessary. We don't push night-dryness.

Kbug3
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM
My son JUST stopped wetting the bed. He is 12. We limited drinks. Caffeine. Etc. we made him go to the bathroom before bed. We woke him up in the night. Nothing worked. We tried different medications. We tried homeopathics. He would sleep very hard and not know when he was wet. I could wake him up in Half hour increments and he would still wet. Dr said the body will still produce ounces of urine through the night. As embarassing as it was he had to wear pull-ups. I was told by drs that until their body catches up with the brain in Getting the correct message there was not a lot we could do. He finally just stopped.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
allthatjazz251
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

My stepson just turned 6, and still wets the bed. He wears a pull up to bed. His doctor told us that it's normal,and it should go away with time.

We don't let him drink past 7, he pees before bed at 8, and sometimes we even wake him up in the middle of the night. He still wets at night.

This is my daughter. She is missing a brain to bladder connection and just doesn't wake up to go.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
kirstina
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

My 4 year old wets the bed about every other bed. My son is 5 and does it every once in a while. I think I would let her wear a pull up to bed for a while longer.

febmom007
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM

SS is 7.. he pees on himself every night when he's with us.. and doesn't when he's at his mom's. don't know what the deal is.. good luck.

Jwelder
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Thank you everyone for the help! You really put my mind at ease. You see, my first daughter was potty trained at 2 1/2 and also stayed dry through the night. Every child is different, so I shouldn't think so much into it :).

Eyelashes23
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Quoting bramamber:

My son is 10 and still wets the bed every night. We finally got a prescription this week to try for him. We started it but no change yet.

my son is 9 and was put on 3 different meds and none of them work. now he doesnt wet the bed if i limit his drinks before bed and wake him up at 12 to use the bathroom. before nothing worked. 

Eyelashes23
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM

he just stopped on his own? my son is 9 and has 2 weeks dry but thats with me limiting his drinks before bed and getting him to use the bathroom at midnight

Quoting Kbug3:

My son JUST stopped wetting the bed. He is 12. We limited drinks. Caffeine. Etc. we made him go to the bathroom before bed. We woke him up in the night. Nothing worked. We tried different medications. We tried homeopathics. He would sleep very hard and not know when he was wet. I could wake him up in Half hour increments and he would still wet. Dr said the body will still produce ounces of urine through the night. As embarassing as it was he had to wear pull-ups. I was told by drs that until their body catches up with the brain in Getting the correct message there was not a lot we could do. He finally just stopped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN