Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Crafts for the Holidays Challenge Day 5: Picture Frames

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 60 Replies

Today's popsicle stick craft will not only be fun for your kids, but you can turn this craft into a picture frame. Keep the frames for yourself or give them as gifts to loved ones!

Materials needed:
Popsicle sticks
Paint
Markers
Glue
Pipe cleaners, ribbon, or yarn
Optional Supplies (glitter,sequins, pom poms, etc)

Have your kids color the popsicle sticks and then glue them together in whatever shapes you want. Once the frames are dry, have your kids decorate them. Glue a picture to the frame and then attach a pipe cleaner, ribbon, or yarn if you want to turn it into an ornament.

Do you have a holiday picture taken of your kids each year? Do you take it or get it done professionally? Do you give pictures of your kids as presents during the holidays?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Crafts for the Holidays Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Oh, yes.  It is not christmas without the popcicle stick or clothepin craft :).

ashleywagoner
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Yes & yes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Those are super cute crafts. Going to be working on photos tonight. We usually them done, but not this year. We always give pictures as gift though so I have to get my butt moving!

MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Yes, if i can afford it yes and yes.

MamaMandee
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I take a pic of the kids myself and I do give pics of the kids as gifts. 

PEEK05
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Yes, every year.  We used to get them done professionally but now we just have my brother do them.  We do not give pictures as presents, but we do give them to family. :)

myhandsomelove
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Yes,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lish2127
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM

We have lots of craft/popsicle sticks and the kids like to make log cabins out of them. 

We always send a photo card. THis year we have 4 pics on our card. Two holiday pics we took and two professional family ones we had done in the spring. We often give photos in frames as gifts, but not this year. I did do a photo book for my grandparents.

Angelanscalf89
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM
No we dont get pictures done but I do take pictures. The picture frames are you cute idea maybe Ill try it with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahsmom0201
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM
my dd finally had her picture taken with santa this year lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)