Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Crafts for the Holidays Challenge Day 6: Hand Print Wreath

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
  • 62 Replies

Today's hand print wreath is an easy craft that can be a cute keepsake to hang up year after year!

Materials needed:
Paint
Paper
Scissors
Optional Supplies (markers, crayons, construction paper, etc)

I traced a circle in the middle of the paper using a soup can and then my son added his hand prints around it (he had so much fun instead of doing it once around, he went around three times). Once the hand prints were dry, my son made fingerprint berries. If you don't have paint, you can trace your child's hand and let them color in their hand prints with markers or crayons.

When you do usually take down your holiday decorations? Are you anxious to take them down or do you wait a while?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Crafts for the Holidays Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lish2127
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM

My DD just made a handprint tree at preschool! She will have fun making the wreath. 

We usually leave the tree and decorations up until New Years and then they come down.

WesternNYmom
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Cute idea.  Our holiday decorations come down around the 5th of January.  I love having my house decorated.  I put my decorations up the day after Thanksgiving, and they stay up until the weekend after New Years. A few years ago. our Christmas lights were frozen to our gutters, and we had to wait until the spring thaw in March, before we could take them down.  That hasn't happened lately.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM
We take all Christmas stuff down in januaryv
liss05
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Cute idea. Our decorations normally come down New Year's Day.

brandhailey
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I wait awhile I love to lok at the things the kids have maid.

mommyof2.
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I will prb start putting things away after the new year. I'm not sure tho. This is kinda the first year I have actually had a tree in my own home and have decorated. So I guess we will see when I feel like putting everything away haha :) 

myhandsomelove
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I like this! I usually take them down the following weekend, so i can move my living room around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM

We take it down in early January.  My kids won't stick their hands in paint or anything of a similar texture, but we are thinking of getting green paper and just cutting out hand prints and gluing them in a wreath pattern for a similar effect.

the Christmas trees we've done in the past were the same way with the construction paper and you overlap the hands and make it look like the branches hanging down, then let them stamp ornaments on them (pencil erasers and potatoes work well)

cowgirls10181
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Looks fun and i just found our finger paint! Bet some poom pooms will look great on it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eevers55
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I take them down the day after Christmas. no point in leaving them up for anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)