Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Toddler who cannot keep her clothes on!!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi... I have a 30 month old dd who will NOT keep her clothes on... Like anywhere! We go to the store ans she always try's to take off her dress and rarely do her shoes stay on her feet. It's okay by me for her to be naked at home, but I am confused on what to do when we're out and about. Do I force her to keep clothes on or do I let her run free.. Lol. Layers? What would you do? Thanks

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Does she seem bothered by the clothes on her skin?  If so, it could be a sensory processing thing.  I would call your pedi and ask for an eval.  Not all sensory issues require therapy but it can never hurt to check it out.

there are creeps out there so, no, you should not let her disrobe in public.  She has to learn but if the clothes are causing her physical discomfort then you need help sorting that out for her.

Good luck.

Autumn19
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM
my son will be 6 next month and sits in his undies all day at home. It will get better as she gets older and its easier for her to understand when you explain things. But for now she is is only 2 and doesnt understand yet. Does she get hot? Maybe try dressing her in lighter clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmom530
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

She has eczema... Ya think that could really be the issue? She doesn't always have a eczema flare when she wants to be naked....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)