Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sibling bath time

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 24 Replies

My kids are a year and 3 days apart. My DS is 4 (5 next month) and my DD is 3 (4 next month) When bath time rolls around i just stick them both in the tub. My sisters always telling me that there getting to big to have bath time together I don't think so though.

At what age should siblings stop bathing together??

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Well the answer is sort of "whenever" or when one child becomes uncomfortable.  My son is 6 and my daughter is just about 3 1/2 and we stopped bathing them together a year ago only because it was too messy :)  Otherwise, they would still bathe together.  My son actually showers now, though.

sweetmissy_05
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Not sure my girls ar 4 and 3 and they bathe together.....but if it were girl and boy they would bathe separately.

blissfulmama80
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM

My brother and I bathed together until I was pretty old (can't remember how old exactly)... but I think it was just when I finally got uncomfortable with it.  Then I started to shower while he was in the tub.  I'm almost two year older than him.  I don't remember ever thinking it was weird or being preoccupied with our differences or anything.  I don't think at the age your kids are there is anything wrong with it... unless, of course, the child is uncomfortable with it.  

momof3jam
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I think they're fine. My 5 1/2 year old and 4 year old take baths together. But DD (5) lately has been wanting her own baths. Which is totally fine. I think if they're old enough to want to be separate then that's when. Whenever THEY are ready...

2under5.mom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Thanks ladies ;)

jen6807
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM
My Dd is 5 1/2 and my Ds is 19 months and they take baths together.
I was thinking about stopping their baths together soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I can't say. I never had opposite sex siblings bath together. My DDs are 18 mos apart & they did up until they were 8 & 10 (they are now 11 & 13). Of course that was also when the older one started growing boobs & I didn't feel it was necessary or right anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momdays
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I would say when they start pointing out each others differences, or touching those differences out of curiosity.

babowes
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I say it is fine...just monitor them the whole time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jonnlilithsmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM

as far as I am concerned, they should stop bathing together when the first one decides they want privacy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)