Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has your lo seen ghosts?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 28 Replies
My 3yo DS claims there is a ghost in his room... on his door to be exact. To the point where he screamed/cried for 15 mins because he didn't want to go to bed (his bed is near the door). And he is so terrified that my 16yo DS can't even carry him down the hall without LO freaking out!

But here's where it all gets weird- my grandmother passed a few years ago of natural causes as she was sitting in her bed in her nightgown. I now have that nightgown & set of sheets from her bed. AND I have a house exactly like hers! AND my dog has been barking at random nothingness the past 2 nights!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BramblePatch
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My Kids grandpa died earlier this year. The day I told my son, then 4, about his beloved Grandpa passing he was not upset. He kinda smiled. I asked him if he was upset and he said no, grandpa came to his bed a few nights before and told him not to be sad. Now grandpa had been dead for a few days. He died in his home, alone, and no one found him for days. So I do believe my son saw him and spoke to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

if she does its my dad so im not worried the ghost will hurt her but im a little confused as to why somebody that claimed to be christian didnt go to heaven

Meloney413
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

My 18month old & 3 year old share a room & both have talked my grandmother.( my 3 year old didnt know she died) DD said she was in heaven with God & her sister ( who passed a month before my gma) my grandmother didnt know her sister passed AND my daughter didnt even know she had a sister ... also my gma had 2 dogs who where her world that were killed & that was waaaaay before my daughter was born but she says that nana is playing with her dogs... my [now]18 month old could not really speak at a year old & only met his nana once when he was 4 months (so he didnt really know her)  On her bday (shes passed at this time) I heard him talking [like baby sentance talking] in his crib & when i went in and asked him who was he talking to ... he said Nana, pointed towards the other side of the room & again said.. Nana<3 I know shes here and talks to them & i couldnt be happier * .

babowes
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Oh no
.Angelica.
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Nope.
CampClan
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:55 AM
I agree with the last sentence. And as a Christian myself I am terribly confused. I just did a Sunday School lesson on angels & know from that lesson that we do not have guardian angels. Even though the thought is comforting.

Someone told me I need to tell the spirit to leave. But if it really is my grandma I don't want her to leave! The oddest part is she is "haunting" my younger boys' room. My 9yo was born 2 hours before her husband (my grandpa) died & the 9yo was her favorite great grandchild. And my 3yo wasn't even 1 when she passed. So it's like these 2 have a special connection with her!

Quoting mariesmama:

if she does its my dad so im not worried the ghost will hurt her but im a little confused as to why somebody that claimed to be christian didnt go to heaven

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Not that Im aware of!  

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

All my children have and I still do too. 

corrinacs
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM

What I know about ghosts is that sometimes they have unfinished business that they must take care of.  There's a reason why they are still here with us, even in this form.

I don't know about the lesson you learned, but I do believe that there are angels that come once in a while to protect us.  I ahve seen it first hand SEVERAL times.  

Once I was driving home late at night from seeing my mom.  I was alone.  I saw this horrific accident occur right in front of my eyes and I don't know how I didn't miss it.  All I know is that I saw a flap of some wings off to the side of my car.

But something similar.  My dad was in the hospital VERY sick and I was driving (again, alone) to go see him at the hospital.  My uncle had passed away just a few months prior.  I was sitting there contemplating what could happen and the things I needed to do "just in case".  I see my uncle, plain as day, sitting next to me saying "This is going to be tough, but I'm right here with you".  He was a devout Christian, even a Reverand.  IMO, if anyone went to heaven in this world, he was one of them.

Quoting CampClan:

I agree with the last sentence. And as a Christian myself I am terribly confused. I just did a Sunday School lesson on angels & know from that lesson that we do not have guardian angels. Even though the thought is comforting.

Someone told me I need to tell the spirit to leave. But if it really is my grandma I don't want her to leave! The oddest part is she is "haunting" my younger boys' room. My 9yo was born 2 hours before her husband (my grandpa) died & the 9yo was her favorite great grandchild. And my 3yo wasn't even 1 when she passed. So it's like these 2 have a special connection with her!

Quoting mariesmama:

melissaaytes
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Love all these stories!!  I have a creepy one though, a few months back we were at my FIL's house and in one of the rooms and all of a sudden lexi wags her finger and says don't be mean to my mommy (she's 3) and I was terriefied!!! It was just me and her in the rooM!  Talk about creepy i don't think someone liked me in that room

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)