Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Pushing ofther kids in Preschool

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

When I picked up my son (almost 3 yrs) at preschool today his teacher told me they were having a hard time with him.  Said he was pushing and being mean to other kids and not listening to his teachers.  Not that he is an angel but he is usually fairly well behaved at playdates and around other kids, at least when I am around.  I was really shocked and not exactly sure what I should do.   What am I supposed to do to make him behave while he is at school?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
corrinacs
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM

When Caden does this, I make sure he knows I ask his teacher daily what his behavior was like.  And he gets rewards for going some time without bad remakes, like icecream :).

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM

we have had the same problem with our 4 yr old. She was recently diagnosed by her doc with ADHD. She definalty has it and her medication is awesome. she is doing better around the kids and made a huge improvement with the class projects that they do everyday. She was pushing and hitting kids. She has never been around any negativity before or many kids. my mother-in-law watcher her when i was at work. Just talk to him everyday before and after school about being respectful to others and how it hurts. Thats all we can do with my daughter and it helps alot. Your not at preschool so not really much you can do. Its the teachers jobs to help out to help him learn. We have had a huge problem with my daughters teacher. She really isnt all that kid friendly. Just take it one day at a time

momdays
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM

One thing I've noticed that relaly works with my son, is practically drilling reminders into his head. LOL. Wehave issues with naptime, and I started warning him that he had a few minutes then it was naptime. And I ask him how he will behave when mommy says its time for a nap. His answer is usually along the lines of "listen to mommy". Maybe that iwll work for this. Keep reminding him of how he is supposed to treat others, and soon he won't be able to forget : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN