Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stuck with a toddler :)))))

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

i am a 31 mom of 2

a 2 and a 5 year old......

i love my girls and try to do everything right for them..... but i'm also soooooooooooo tired and bored sometimes.....i live in uk with no family around ,, just a few friends with nothing in common

my DH works all day and comes home late ...... i try to be positive and not let lonliness get to me but sometimes i can't i am an emotionsl eater and now i ca't lose weight coz i eat alot

i feel i need support , someone to talk to . with same interests and same age kids

someone who understands not judges 

so sad :(((( isn't it

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Gweneveer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I have a 5 yr old dd and a 2 yr old dd also.  It can be difficult at times, but I feel lately like my life is so busy, I dont have time for anything!!!

Have you looked into playgroups, MOPS groups or meetups in your area?  Its a great way to meet other moms with kids the same age as yours.  

How about your local library?  Do they run free programs for kids?

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:09 AM

does your 5 year old go to school?  enroll your 2 year old in school

both my kids started school at 2

i moved when i got married, granted it wasnt far from where i used to live, but far enough where i had no friends locally

when DS was 4.5 months old, i joined moms groups

we are all still still friends and see eachother weekly.  our youngests are now friends and our oldests still see eachother outside of school

my kids are 5 & 3

they both go to school.  i have met new friends that way.

not sure how the UK works... but school and dance and activities help

babowes
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Join mommy clubs
Look for mops
Join a church
Join a gym
Hit every park with kids until you find friends.
Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommap87
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I also have a 5 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old son. Im also a stay at home mom and have no friends in person because frankly, i just dont have time to keep up with friends or go out much. So im always home and it does get boring and lonely.

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I have a 2 yr old DD and a son due in March that I stay home with. Having some sort of set routine helps me get through my week (for example, knowing that I will be taking DD to library storytime on Tuesdays and playgroup on Thursdays). I also work part-time online and work on craft projects to help with time management so that I don't find myself counting down the hours until DH gets home from work.  

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM

just out of curiosity, if you dont have the time for friends, why are you bored and lonely... doesnt make any sense, you are contridicting yourself...

Quoting Mommap87:

I also have a 5 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old son. Im also a stay at home mom and have no friends in person because frankly, i just dont have time to keep up with friends or go out much. So im always home and it does get boring and lonely.

Mommap87
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I have one car with my hubby, and one hubby is home at night i have to cook dinner and clean at night. So i literally dont have time at night to hang out with friends outside of my home, like go to their place or go out somewhere. And on weekends is family time. Not to mention i dont have much money to go do much of anything.

Sorry shoulda worded it better lol Im also currently 34 weeks pregnant so my brain isnt working too well right now

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

just out of curiosity, if you dont have the time for friends, why are you bored and lonely... doesnt make any sense, you are contridicting yourself...

Quoting Mommap87:

.Angelica.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

staying home with kids and a dh that works a lot and no friends to really talk to can be really hard sometimes. I feel stuck a lot too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)