Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my Christmas shopping unfair or is it reasonable?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it reasonable to spend a ton more on my toddler than baby?

Options:

Fair

Unfair

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

I have a 6 mo old and almost 3 yr old. Is it bad that I only got 4 gifts for my 6 mo old, which total about $40 and I got my toddler about 15 items costing about $200? It's so much fun to shop for a toddler since they are starting to get into more stuff. Now that i realize how much i got, im going to save 6 of them for his birthday, which is in februry. We also have quite a bit of stuff for the 6 mo old from my toddler. I rationalize it saying the 6 mo old wont know any better. Once they're both older I know I'll even out the spending and number of presents, but is this okay go now? 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom2swtboys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Your 6 monthvold won't notice. I don't see a problem with it. My 15 month old will be getting 4 gifts. My 5 & 6 yr olds are getting 2 gifts each and 2 expensive gifts to share (a ps3).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenesis915
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM
It's fine they wit even notice my step judas all 3and up are getting gifts from us but we are not getting anything for the baby shell get plenty from family anyways and she's to little to really be shopping for
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mynewlife2012
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
My DD was three months her first Christmas and I got her two things just to take pics if her looking at her wrapped things
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM

i wouldn't worry about it. neither of them will even notice i'm sure.

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Totally fair.  What does a 6 mos old really need anyway?  I think you are fine.  Your older child wont even notice Im sure.  

lish2127
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Totally okay.

momdays
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I think its fair and fine. My son was almost 1 on his first christmas, and still didn't care about presents at that point. We wasted so uch money. Our next boy with be the exact same age for his firt Christmas, and we have learned to spend less.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I think it's fine.  Your 6 month old won't even notice - for the baby it's all about the colors and wrapping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)