Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Line Matching Activity: Elf to the North Pole

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 0 Replies

Have some seasonal fun with this line matching activity by helping the elf get to the North Pole! Super easy to set up and super fun to do while learning!

For math last week, Esmeralda (3.5 years old) and I wanted to explore the different kind of lines there are.  We decided to explore straight lines, parallel lines, and curved lines.  You could do this same activity and include other fun lines, like perpendicular or zig-zag lines!  I wanted to do something a little seasonal as well, so I found free clip art of an elf carrying presents and a North Pole sign.  I then created the idea of helping each elf get to the North Pole with this line matching activity.

Esmeralda loved this activity!  She totally understood what each line looked like by the visual with my finger and by my explanation.  This line matching activity could have provided so much more fun if I had realized what a big hit it was!  She did it so fast and was ready for more!  We will do this again in the future and add more lines or make a little twist to add more math to it or something.

Here are her lines:

Lines

For more information on what you need and what to do, go to my site here: http://www.homelearningjourney.com/line-matching-activity-elf-to-the-north-pole/

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)