Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a week in...need advice

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
we are potty training our daughter, have been for a week, and things are great. she uses the potty when she's awake and is even going #2. today she is pitching. a fit when i ask her to sit down on the potty and has been holding her pee all morning, and she's had 2.5 juice sippies already... when we talk to her about being a big girl, she tells us she isn't today. she's a very smart girl, and knows what she's doing... any advice?? we are trying to push through, but her aunt is coming to get her because I'm having a procedure this afternoon...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM

My son did that too.  He was fine for a week and then just would not go.  I mean drop out screaming fit if I tried to take him to the bathroom.  This isn't something you can make them do and if you try it will just be a continuous power struggle.  After two screaming fits and no pee in the potty I decided it wasn't working, took a deep breath to calm down and put the diaper back on.   I gave it a couple of weeks and then started talking about it again and he did great.  I think he just needed a break from the pressure; he wanted to make the decision himself.

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Perhaps its the fact that your Aunt is coming for her?  Is this something that would happen on a normal day?  Maybe she is rebelling because of the change in routine?

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM
i would just give her a break for a day and then try again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Don't push her.  Kids do better when they lead the potty training--especially at such a young age.  Suggest that she use it, but don't force her.

One suggestion is to make a big deal out of big girl underware.  If she hasn't already, allow her to pick out her own at the store.  Use it as a reward for successful potty training days.  Some days it may be enough to entice her to use the potty even when she doesn't want to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)