Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter is 3 and she isfully potty trained.. Night and day.. She is always asking to go to the bathroom.. If she has to go she will come in and tell me that she has to go potty and wait till I tell her to go potty.. Does anybody else's kids do this? She also will not pull her own pants and panties down to go.. I am trying to break her of that, but if I don't do it sometimes she will pee herself.. Help.. Please 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
maybe she just isn't ready to be fully in control of the process yet. give her some time and her "i can do it myself" confidence will appear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chakita0912
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM

She is all inependent about everything else, but going potty.. Maybe.. She is the one who potty trained her self.. She decided that one day she was going to go sit on the potty and I was like okay go for it and when we were in the store she told me that she wanted big girl panties.. She did the samething for night.. I really didn't have to tell her to go potty she just did it herself.. 

RobynS
by Robyn on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

My dd is 4 and has been trained for over a year. She ALWAYS tells me when she has to go, and often she'll want me to do things for her (turn on the bathroom light, pull down her pants, etc). She can totally do all of that herself, she's just wanting my attention.

The problem with mine is that she almost always waits until it is ALMOST too late, and so if I don't help her (which I usually don't) she might make it to the bathroom but not get her pants down fast enough.

Chakita0912
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

That is what mine is doing.. I am not sure if I should break her of this or not.. I know that she can do it all by herself.. She just refuses to do it..

corrinacs
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Maybe she has a hard time pulling down her pants.  Are they on the tight side?  I know some of the girls styles are leggings which can be tight and hard to pull up and down.  I don't know why she'd go about asking you if its ok for her to got potty LOL.

In my house, we created everything in such a way that Caden just goes potty.  He's over 5 now, but since he was 3 we have encouraged him to do the whole bit himself.

calvinsmommy18
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Sometimes ds comes to me and tells me he has to go and other time he just goes to the potty then tells me after. Or not at all. He's pretty good about going on his own. Our biggest issue is him not closing the bathroom door during or after and then his sister (11months) crawls her way into the bathroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chakita0912
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM
No, her clothes are loose so she can pull them down by her self.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shelhead
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:51 AM

We kinda have the opposite problem. Too frequently He will tell us he has to go and start grabbing his crotch, but then not want to stop what he's doing to go. Then we wisk him away with toys so we don't have an accident. Other times he goes without telling us and other times he asks us to go with him. He pulls down and up his underwear and pants most of the time.

doulala
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Just take her.
Pull her undies down if you really want her to wear them, but easier not to.

It is temporary.

.Angelica.
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM

my son does this too. :/ frustrating.

Quoting RobynS:

My dd is 4 and has been trained for over a year. She ALWAYS tells me when she has to go, and often she'll want me to do things for her (turn on the bathroom light, pull down her pants, etc). She can totally do all of that herself, she's just wanting my attention.

The problem with mine is that she almost always waits until it is ALMOST too late, and so if I don't help her (which I usually don't) she might make it to the bathroom but not get her pants down fast enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)