• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leg Cramps

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

My ds is near 3 (a month and half away almost!) and has been plagued recently by leg cramps. He wakes up in the middle of the night so upset. He is miserable and inconsolable. Durning this, he tells me his leg or legs hurt. Is there anything I can do help him out with these? I hate seeing him in so much pain.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ZakkarysMom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Maybe its growing pains. I remember getting those. They arent fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM
And you could try a heating pad. If that doesnt help..tylenol or ibuprofen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

i think probably growing pains.  i agree on the heating pad and/or tylenol.  i was plagued with these a ton as a child.  i would lay in bed and just not be able to sit still cuz i was just bothered by my legs.  i still have nights like this and i have attributed it to my back.  if i twist and crack my back then my legs stop bothering me.  it sucks.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I remember having those. I called them "leg nights". My mom just gave me some Tylenol and as soon as it kicked in I went back to sleep. He isn't exaggerating the pain, though. I would try to put my leg between the mattresses to put pressure on it when I was young. 

SarahSuzyQ
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM
My son really likes a heating pad when he's having growing pains. I have one filled with rice that I can warm up in the microwave.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BipolarMom09
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM

My DS, also 3, started getting cramps recently too. His first one was in his foot and then when he was sick, he got one in his leg :( My husband just rubbed on it until it went away. Tylenol is a good idea too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)