Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Yo pooping pants

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
Past Few weeks everyday 1-2 times poops pants hides it lies bout it smiles about it.. Tried spanking yelling time outs positive talks bout being a big boy nothing is working at my wits end..think it surely attention game since his Two year old bro is potty training and poops his but the two yr old gets disciplined as well..btw my 4 yo has been fully traInez since June 2012
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

It is important to not punish for potty training.  Your 2 year old is learning.  In order to use the potty you have to relax enough to get it all out.  If there is anxiety about getting in trouble it becomes that much more difficult.  I suggest that you stop the discipline.

I went thru that exact thing when my son was 4.  I did the discipline (not knowing better at the time), sticker charts, etc.  Nothing worked.  Why?  Regardless of positive or negative he was getting TONS of attention for the behavior.  Finally I sat him down and said "look, you are a big boy.  i'm not doing this with you anymore.  you are in charge of wiping yourself and cleaning up any and all accidents from this moment on.  I don't want to hear about it."  the accidents continued for another week cuz he was testing me but i ignored him completely and then the accidents stopped.  he's 6 now (just turned 6 a week ago) and we haven't had any issues in well over a year.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Time for him to clean up his own messes... Don't get emotional, just show him what needs to be done whenever he poops his pants and let him take care of it. He can dump his undies into the potty, wipe himself up, etc.

And I agree that I wouldn't discipline your 2yo if he is still training...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)