Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's SO embarrassing!! And it hurts SOOOOOO BAD!!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, after DJ (he's 5 now) was born, I got hemerroids... Not too bad. Every once in a while one would pop up, but went away pretty quick.

After Makenna was born, (she's barely 2) they stayed around for a LONG time! And come back every few months. Again, go away pretty quick.

Monday it happened again. I didn't realize it at first but started bleeding later that evening and it hurt SOOOO bad. Tuesday was painful, but barable. Yesterday I went out and by the evening I was in tears. Today, it's even worse!! Painful to sit, walk, lay on one side... IT HURTS SO BAD!

I've been doing preperation H, tucks pads... just like after giving birth. Still bleeding a little and SO painful. I don't know what else to do! I've looked around, and some sites suggest a bath, but I can't bare the thought of sitting in the hard tub. Increasing water, treating with over the counter... most sites say they will reduce within 7 days. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!! It seriously hurts SO bad! I've also been taking ibprophine to try to ease the swelling.

HELP PLEASE!!! Preferably something I can do or have at home... I really don't want to go out in the nasty rain with Makenna, plus it hurts to walk!

Join Us For A Great Time In the Craft Cafe!

Visit My Blog ~ Hart Of Karen Creations

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM

:-/ Apply some ice for about 10 minutes?

ilovemyboys84
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Go to the drs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM

You need to go to the DR.

RutterMama
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I can't go to the dr... No insurance and no extra money at all. :(

Sagely
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Unless you're really just the biggest baby ever, it sounds like for what you're experiencing warrants a doctor visit.

Can you call a doctor to get their advice?  Like whether you should just go to the ER or schedule a visit?

Sagely
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Better to have a big hospital bill to pay off for hemorrhoid treatment than let those things get infected or develop abscesses.  Depending on how far you let it get, could be fatal.  Then who will take care of Makenna?

Quoting RutterMama:

I can't go to the dr... No insurance and no extra money at all. :(

Mipsy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Try a sitz bath. It will help soothe and clean it. i know the thought of a bath hurts, but it will be worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I know you don't want to go out, but I think I would try to get in to see the doctor. Or maybe they will tell you something over the phone (always worth a shot!).

RobynS
by Robyn on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I still keep this stuff around:

It says it's for diaper rash, but when I bought it, it was for me! I used it just after giving birth, but still use it occasionally when the need arises. It is so soothing!

corrinacs
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Go see a doctor honey :/.  I talked to the doctor about mine and they were able to give me a steriod cream to help temporarily, but since yours keep coming back they have a simple surgery to get rid of them now.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)