Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DDs legs

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

My DD has been complaing alot lately about her legs hurting. Shes 3 turning 4 next month and it seems like everytime she cries her legs hurt. i never know whether to believe her because she says they hurt all the time .if i ask her to clean up her mess shes like mommy my legs hurt, or if i ask her to go brush her teeth shes like oh mommy my legs hurt! But today she was walking and it seemed like her legs just gave out on her and she fell down. Im so confused! HAs this ever happened to anybody elses kids??

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ktina11
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM
My ODS complains of this a lot!! It comes and goes and I have determined it is around the time he goes through growth spurts. His legs have never given out, but he will start crying and breathing like he is real bad pain. I won't let him whine to get out of things ....but I do take him seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2under5.mom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM

she breaths like shes in the worst pain ever! i feel sobad for her but i dont know what to do. Did you take your ODS to the dr..if so what did they say?

Quoting Ktina11:

My ODS complains of this a lot!! It comes and goes and I have determined it is around the time he goes through growth spurts. His legs have never given out, but he will start crying and breathing like he is real bad pain. I won't let him whine to get out of things ....but I do take him seriously.

Mommytorn
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Growing pains maybe? My little sis had them in her legs for like 3 yrs :( trying putting a warm washcloth or a heating pad (lowest heat setting) on her legs for 20 minutes (my mom did it for 20 min every 2 hours until my sis stopped complaining that it hurt)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I have a friend whos son went through the same thing at that age turns out he actually has a condition that causes growing pains to be like 100X worse than normal children. He is in a wheelchair most days because its too painful to walk :(

Quoting 2under5.mom:

she breaths like shes in the worst pain ever! i feel sobad for her but i dont know what to do. Did you take your ODS to the dr..if so what did they say?

Quoting Ktina11:

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
corrinacs
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I would give her tylenol for the pain.  At this age the pain is very common.  But if its all the time and causing such pain tis getting in the way of day-to-day activities, you may want to contact the doctor to ensure things are growing properly.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I would check with the pediatrician if this is interfering with her regular activities. Sounds more extreme than typical growing pains to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM

my son complains of a similar pain and he also collapses a lot. it turns out he has really loose ligaments in his knees so when ever theyre bothering him i wrap them with an ace bandage after i apply heat for a few minutes and hell walk with the ace bandages. when this first happened i took him to the er cause i thought he was seriously hurt cause he screamed bloody murder when i put him down but they couldnt find anything wrong so i took him to his dr the next day and he told me his ligaments r loose and recommended i get him some knee braces but theyre so expensive for his size and hes still growing so i would frequently need to get new ones so the ace bandage is working fine

Gwynyth
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

My 3 yr old sometimes complains of pain in her legs. I think They're growing pains. I remember having them myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)