Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where should my toddler sleep?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 31 Replies

Our toddlers have a lot of choices when it comes to sleeping: Crib, toddler bed, big kid bed, mom's bed, their own room, with siblings etc. Tell us what works for YOUR family!

What kind of bed do you think is best for toddler's?  And where should that bed be?

To see some of the most helpful answers from CafeMom members on this topic, visit this Advice page: Where should my toddler sleep?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvc09
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM

At about 3 1/2 we put our daughter in a twin bed. She falls asleep in it every night, but often ends up in our bed in the middle of the night.

2-point-doe
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Whatever works for your particular family. In general though, their own room in their own bed.

mariesmama
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM

we're gonna get her a big girl bed after we move shes 3 and almost outgrown the toddler bed

jlbelknap35
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM
In may we are going to move our 1 year old (18months then) into my 3 year olds firetruck toddler bed, my 3 year old will get our queen bed and we are going to move up to a king bed.... Really it's what works. I'm not 100% sure if it will work yet but ds2 is finally starting to show signs that he is finally liking sleep so if he keeps it up then that's our plan, if not then we will push it a lil bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM

We are not co-sleepers in my house.  We all like our own space.  Our kids did pack and play in our room for the first month and then went to their rooms in their own crib.  Both moved to a big bed at 2 1/2.  Personally, I think toddler beds are a waste of money and prefer to put them in beds that will grow with them.  My son moved to a full size on a frame low to the ground.  My daughter is now in a twin daybed (first with a rail, now it's not needed).  They occassionally ask to sleep together which we have tried.  It doesn't work :)

Lorelai_Nicole
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM
My kids are in their own beds from the beginning, and their own rooms (or shared with sibs) from about 3 months. By toddler age, mine have always been in a "big-kid" bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:30 AM

we've used a crib then a toddler bed then a regular bed. If I didn't already have the toddler bed I would have skipped it and gone straight to a regular bed. Lately he's been sleeping in our room. Not starting out there, but coming in every night around midnight. 

STVUstudent
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:51 AM

We skipped the toddler bed.  Once the boy started crawling out of his crib, we put him in a twin bed in his own room.

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Your toddler should sleep wherever you want him to.  lol.

My toddler starts out in her own toddler bed, and ends up in mamas bed by the end of the night!

sweetmissy_05
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

My girls are 4 and 3 and have been in a twin bed for about a year now.  But toddler beds work well for toddlers too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)