Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Planning and I have a question

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I am planning my families vacation (please don't hate me if I don't start saving now we won't have the money to go) So this is my question. My 2 1/2 yr old who will be almost 3 when we go, has been on a bedtime schedule of 8:00 pm every night for awhile now. If we go on vacation and her bedtime gets pushed back for the entire time we are gone (4 nights) will it be hard to get her back on the 8:00 bedtime? or will this change her schedule?

I ask because we trying to decide if we should rent a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom cabin. as this is a family event (multi-families going) I am afraid that she will not get to sleep on time if we are all hanging out together.

I know stupid, but I am curious. Thanks

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

my kids dont have bed times, but if they did, i would let it slide while on vacation...

she is also 2.5, 6 months anything can change.

corrinacs
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM

It does cause a riff, but the good news is that it can be reset quickly.....meaning a few days.  But it can be difficult those few days :/.  But the faster you get back onto his sleep schedule the betteer.

ashmac03
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I think it will throw her schedule off for a few days maybe when you get back but it won't be too bad.  

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM

It will be fine.  Just make sure when you come back, you get her up early so she is tired at 8 again.  Ive done it time and time again.  Im pretty staunch with bedtimes.  

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Same thoughts. It only takes a few days to get them back onto their normal routine once you're back at home.

dearg76
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Big sigh of relief. Thank you so much!

Quoting Gweneveer:

It will be fine.  Just make sure when you come back, you get her up early so she is tired at 8 again.  Ive done it time and time again.  Im pretty staunch with bedtimes.  

PEEK05
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM

We didn't change bedtime/nap when on vacation and never had an issue.

dearg76
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Thanks everybody. This makes me feel a whole lot better. Thank you again!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM

My son has always had an 8pm bedtime, but this last summer he was 4 and it was way too light out and he wouldn't go to sleep so I had to push it back to 9pm for a few months. Once it was getting dark again around 8 I switched him back and he did so with no problems. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

jesusgirl76
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Not stupid at all. It may throw her schedule off but it is vacation :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)