Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I let my son sit in his poop EDIT

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 32 Replies

so i have been trying to potty train my son for about 6 months now and he knows how to go but chooses not to and at school they tell me he goes sometimes but at home he absolutley refuses im on my last few diapers and im fed up i dont know what else to do so now hes gonna sit in it until it feels uncomfortable so he knows he is supposed to go in the potty...he knows how to talk he knows he is supposed to go in the potty he is just refusing to do it

ok i get it i was a lil harsh i simply got frustrated and that happens sometimes but i do appreciate the positive feedback...my son stays dry pretty much all day then lets it out at one big time dont know why he chooses certain times of day to pee and poop but he does so i figured he was ready i stopped using the actual potty and let him use the toilet and he loves that idea he will flush it and sit on it but then when you ask him if he wants to use it he says no

oh and to the people who wanted to call me a bad mom screw you i made one bad call i am not a bad mom in no shape or form if you are not gonna give me some positive feedback and try and help dont come on my post

Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Put him in undies. If he has a diaper he will use it as such. And make him clean up his messes too from start to finish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diamondgyal16
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:12 PM

when i tried the undies it didnt work and it made more mess for me to clean...hes 2 by the way and we have carpet

Quoting shadow_lark:

Put him in undies. If he has a diaper he will use it as such. And make him clean up his messes too from start to finish.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 3.5 and we struggle with potty training too. Letting him sit in his feces will cause a rash that may be painful for him. Undies can be a pain with cleaning and such. But it is better than diapers or pull ups. And cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexismommyoo9
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

bump

shesliketx
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM
He's 2. Why are you freaking out? My son sometimes went in the potty and sometimes didn't at that age. He wasn't fully trained until he was almost 3! He may not be ready yet!

Quoting diamondgyal16:

when i tried the undies it didnt work and it made more mess for me to clean...hes 2 by the way and we have carpet

Quoting shadow_lark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Sorry OP, but I agree with shesliketx on this one. Pushing a child when they aren't ready will only make them regress even worse. Boys, in general, take LONGER to potty train.

Quoting shesliketx:

He's 2. Why are you freaking out? My son sometimes went in the potty and sometimes didn't at that age. He wasn't fully trained until he was almost 3! He may not be ready yet!

Quoting diamondgyal16:

Quoting shadow_lark:

babowes
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I waited until 3 and both boys trained in a week.
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I didn't potty train my ds til he was 3. He wanted to use the potty so bad but still took a while to get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gravitygirl1984
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM
My son was one month before he turned 3 he refused to poop on the toilet and he wouldn't even think about keeping underwear on he'd take them off and have a total meltdown to wear diapers. Well one day I woke up I had to go run errands all day and realized I had no diapers so I told him you have to wear your underwear today while we're out we have no diapers he whined a little but I told him it was just til we could get diapers later and we went out he never had an accident and never wanted to wear diapers again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondgyal16
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM

lucky you i wish i could do that

Quoting gravitygirl1984:

My son was one month before he turned 3 he refused to poop on the toilet and he wouldn't even think about keeping underwear on he'd take them off and have a total meltdown to wear diapers. Well one day I woke up I had to go run errands all day and realized I had no diapers so I told him you have to wear your underwear today while we're out we have no diapers he whined a little but I told him it was just til we could get diapers later and we went out he never had an accident and never wanted to wear diapers again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)