Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do you co-sleep with your LOs as toddlers/preschoolers?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 47 Replies

I don't see anything wrong with it, but we do not.  Both of our kids transitioned into their own bed by 8 months.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

My 2 year old still sleeps with us most nights.  She was sleeping in her own bed for the most part by around 18 months, but we ended up moving a couple of times within a few months and that threw off her sleep routine a little bit so she's back in our bed for now.  I don't mind though, she'll only be little once.

liss05
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Yes she does but I am hopefully going to be able to transition her to her own room very soon.

erinmomofone
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM
My daughter is 5 she sleeps with me for now we live in a one bedroom house so thats the only option we have right now. It's just her and I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Nope. DD tried crawling into bed with us when we were staying at my in-laws a few weeks ago, but pretty quickly decided it wasn't comfy for her and put herself back to bed. She'd rather cuddle with her stuffed animals than with Mommy and Daddy.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I'm not against it either but both my kids wanted their own space earlier. When Ian is sick I do sleep on the couch with him (for some reason in our bed he just will not go to sleep)

hriabywx4
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM
My oldest slept in my bed part of the night from 15 months until about 3 or so. My second son slept with DH and I from birth until 4.5 years ( that's when he informed us that he was sleeping in his own room). My third son has slept with us since day one, he is 13 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jen6807
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM
No way! She is all over the place when she does... she's 5 and she only sleeps with us when she's sick. My 19 month old sometimes ends up in our bed in the middle of the night though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM
We co-sleep with our 21 month old.
Maleka87
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh god, interesting you should post about this topic. I don't think that co-sleeping is as dangerous as people make it out to be. Actually I recently read an article about a study on co-sleeping done in India. The study found that contrary to popular belief cosleeping did NOT create more dependant children, in fact it actually furthered independence! Cosleeping offers a wide variety of benefits. Some of which you can read about if you just google cosleeping. 

Anyway it's funny you posted this (as I said in the begining lol ) because I JUST transitioned my dd into her own bed last night! It was a SMASHING success! No crying, no clinging, NOTHING. She fell asleep IN HER OWN BED and stayed there all night w/o waking up once. 

I've ALWAYS coslept w/ my daughter. Even as a newborn. She has NEVER had any of the sleep distrubences that I hear mothers talking about a lot of the time. Parents ARE the ultimate security blanket, and I think that cosleeping is a good thing for some families! 

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Not anymore. She used to sleep with us, she hated her bed even though it was in our room.
She has her own space and twin bed but has only slept in it a handful of times. She sleeps with my mil :/

Alexis sleeps in her crib
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)