Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sandy Hook 100k lawsuit

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-100-million-child-survivor-connecticut-school-003646074.html

Sorry...don't know how to make it clicky. 

Anyway, what do you guys think about this? 100k for a 6 year old who heard things. Now, keep in mind, that there are some survivors who actually SAW things...and is 100k too much? 

Personally...if my 5 year old was a survivor of that shooting...there's no way that I would be speaking with an attorney within a week of that shooting. Within a week of that shooting, and even after that, I would still be on my knees every free second I had thanking God that my son was not hurt. I mean geez, I don't even live in the state and I thank God that he wasn't involved. 

But that's just me. 

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormystar15
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow why can't they just be thankful that it wasn't their kid who died? I can understand a kid having psychological issues after being involved (everyone in the school was involved in what happened whether they saw it, heard it, or just took cover) suing them is out of line to me. Maybe it's because my kid wasn't involved in this but if he was suing them would be the last thing on my mind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry. I know the situation was horrific & there are people hurting but... YOUR CHILD IS ALIVE!!!! And you want to sue the school for what happened? I get your child is emotionally damaged. I do. I really do. But IMO this seems like the parents are money hungry. Talking to a lawyer within a week of the shooting??? I would have had my baby in counseling within DAYS not seeing a freaking lawyer! I pray that this is NOT the case though. 

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think throwing money at the situation is going to help the people that survived that tragedy or prevent future events from possibly happening. The article mentioned that the lawsuit is because the state failed to protect students from "foreseeable harm." How is the slim chance of a mentally unstable person making it into a school armed foreseeable? This seems more like parents trying to profit from their student's involvement in a tragedy.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this

Quoting stormystar15:

Wow why can't they just be thankful that it wasn't their kid who died? I can understand a kid having psychological issues after being involved (everyone in the school was involved in what happened whether they saw it, heard it, or just took cover) suing them is out of line to me. Maybe it's because my kid wasn't involved in this but if he was suing them would be the last thing on my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
The more $ the state doles out to victims' families, the less they'll have to dole out for measures of security in the schools the suit suggests they lack
Debalexxa
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Wow I live 20 minutes from newtown I'm shocked ....Smh...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I guess the parents care more about money than their child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM
So while tjat the school failed to make sure doors were locked

There is no need for this
Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Wow, I hope this is not true. If I were parents of a child who didn't survive, I would be furious at the nerve of these people. They need to spend their efforts into making sure their child is ,mentally and psychologically OK after this for sure, and that something like this doesn't happen again ANYWHERE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)