Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Question. I have a 14 month old....

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
And she co sleeps with us, and always has. I love it and its just easier for our lifestyle.
Anyways she is still not sleeping through the night. She does to sleep around 10. Then wakes up at 12 or one then usually sleeps til 7.
Do any of you have a similar situation?
When did your kids sleep through the night?
Any suggestions on how to get her to sleep all the way through. At least til 7.
Thanks in advance ladies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Sleeping through the night is sleeping for 5 or more hours in a row. Sounds like she's already doing that. My dd is 18 months old and is cosleeping with me and she wakes up about 2-3 times a night. My dd is still nursing at night, though.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:27 AM

My kids never slept with us.  My son moved out of the pack n play to his nursery at 4 weeks and started doing 9 hours a night at 10 weeks old.  My DD moved to the nursery around 6 weeks but she was doing 7-10+ hours starting at 5 days old.  She went thru a short phase of waking up between 4am and 8am but even then she had already done at least 6 or 7 hours and then went back to sleep for another 4+ hours.  It just always worked for us to have our own space, make our own noises, etc. 

Maybe your dd's just ready for some of her own space but, IDK, I've never co-slept so I just thought it was something to think about.

kailu1835
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Neither of my older two slept through the night until after 2 years of age.  My youngest is under a year, so I'm not counting him.  My kids, all three, let me know on their own when they were ready to stop cosleeping.  For my first, it was around 8 months, but he was still in the room right next to my bed where he could reach out and touch me and vice versa.  My second never liked cosleeping, and I pushed it for a month because I was hoping to get more sleep... it backfired lol Once she was in her own space across the room, she slept 6 hour stretches.  My youngest is 11 months, and he's been sleeping in his pack and play at the foot of our bed for about 2 months or so.  Before that he was mainly cosleeping, but occasionally slept in his swing for a few sleep cycles at night.  That started around 4 months, it just depended on how he was feeling during that particular waking period.

missmarvel121
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Our oldest started sleeping trough the night around 8 or 9 months old and he averages about 12 hours a night now, at 20 months. My youngest started sleeping through the night around 3 or 4 months old and averages about 10 hours a night now, at 8 months. I never co-slept and they sleep in pack and plays in their room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I don't know :/.  By the time my bigger child was that age, he was sleeping in his own room and all through hte night. 

We have a 1yo, but he sleeps in his own bed but wakes up only to eat a bottle.  As soon as he finishes the bottle, he's out like a light again (for another 4-6 hours).  Leo is about 14 months old too.

Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Have you tried putting her to bed earlier? Kids, especially babies and toddlers usually need an early bedtime, like 7-8. If she goes to bed too late and is too tired, she'll end up sleeping worse and getting up earlier.

Honestly, my 18-month old DD's sleep didn't get better until I made the decision to have her sleep in her crib all night and night wean. She would start off in her crib (next to our bed), but I'd bring her in my bed when she woke up, then would nurse as she woke up the 2-3 times. She and I both sleep much better when we're not bedsharing. She was a little pissed when I would just comfort her with a hug instead of nursing, but it didn't take long and it's amazing the difference in how much better she sleeps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)