Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Kids with birthdays close to Christmas

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 36 Replies

My son just got a bunch of toys/ clothes for Christmas and now he is about to get alot more for his 1st birthday. I feel like he has received so many toys and clothes that he wont be able to play with or wear them all before they are outgrown. Anyone else have kids with birthdays around Christmas?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onecuteladybug2
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Why not ask for "experience" gifts for him? For example, a membership to a local zoo or tickets to an upcoming toddler friendly show such as Elmo Live or something like that?
prp2014
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM

That can be hard to though. We have six kids and something like a show or a place to go would involve taking all six and that can be expensive.

Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Yep. YDS 's 3rd birthday was yesterday, New Years Eve. Mine is January 11th so I know what it is like too. I like the idea of what the PP posted. We just get him add on stuff so gor example he got Thomas tracks for Christmas and we got him add on tracks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassykymom4
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM

My DD bday is a week after Christmas and my stepsons is the 23rd...We just try to request certain things with family..Like We will all chip in and buy them something he/she REALLY wants or we all get together and they ask me what does he/she need..That way they arent drowning in toys or things they wont need or use..I have had to take back several toys because they got doubles, this way we as a family are on the same page and know who is getting what. It may seem like a hassle but with Facebook and email its really as simple as them asking..

ragitty
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Ds's birthday is 10 days before Christmas. You could always say something like "gifts are not necessary" for his birthday or something. Ds got a bunch of cars for his 1st birthday and those are timeless and we have quite the collection going :) I feel bad when people give the "this is for your birthday AND Christmas" presents. My brother's is 9 days before Christmas and his godparents swore they would never do that to him, but one year they didn't see him until late (he still got 2 but at the same time). Poor ds is only 3 and has already gotten the 2-in-1 from his godmother. Haha at least he is too young to realize it

PEEK05
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Even my February child's birthday is close to Christmas in my opinion.  It is less than two months after Christmas and all of the new toys are still fun to play with at that point.  This year for her 4th birthday, she is getting a twin bed, a new bedding set, some rain boots, and a beginning reading box set.  No new toys lol.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
My son's is Dec 10th. When he was younger (he's 6 now) we just put some of the unopened toys away and brought them out thru the year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Ds1 dec7
Me dec18
Ds2 dec 24
Dh dec26
It sucks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Necie72
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

DD is Jan 28th and I feel it's still too close to Christmas.  My godson's birthday is Jan 27th.  So, it feels like I finish shopping for them and have to start from scratch.  This year, I saved a few things from former shopping trips for my godson.  DD will be getting new rooms of furniture for the dollhouse that she got for Christmas.  As for party gift ideas, DD had a classmate who requested new or gently used winter items to donate to project bundle up.  I was thinking about doing donations for a local animal shelter...  Food, toys, leashes, etc.

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
my dd's birthday us febuary. 13th so fairly. close to Christmas. IMO. I'm just going to get her a tablet. for me and her to share .santa brought.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)