Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, I am new and a question

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi, I am a single mom of 2. My son will be 5 in 6 days, my daughter is 2. I can't believe how different my kids are when it comes to everything! Which brings me to my question. 

My son was fully potty trained by the age of 2. I started it when he was around 18 months old, and by his 2nd birthday party, I had him in pull ups and he was letting my know that he didn't want them any more and thay he wanted to use the potty. 

My daughter is also potty trained. She started wanting to sit on the potty when she was about 15 months old and while she isn't really fully potty trained she has always pee'd in her potty. All of a sudden she just has accidents. I make sure to bring her potty in every room that she is in and I put it in her bedroom at night and at nap time. This has been going on for a few days. I feel like it might be my fault because I brought her potty into every room she was in when she started really potty training so she knew it was there, after about a month I started keeping it in the bathroom so she knew that you potty in the bathroom. Ever since I started that she started having the accidents. So I have started bringing her potty in every room again. She only sometimes poos on the potty, doing that scares her. It always has. She hates doing that, even when she was in diapers. She hated it. when it comes to that, I am usually cleaning it off the floor or out of the tub. 

She has to be peeing in her bed before she falls asleep because she has been dry all night for about 6 months. She and her brother mainly drink water they get chocolate milk and juice on occasion but we mainly stick to water. I do let them bring water with them to bed but it has never been a problem. they never wet the bed while sleeping. I just don't know what to do. 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sthflachk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
You need to start asking her to go potty every 30 minutes or so. I wouldn't put a potty in each room either. I had to stop letting my dd3 have water in her room at night. She has been pt for almost a year and still has accidents.
Do you have a bf? Any new changes since your dd first pt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma1708
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

No I don't have a bf. I can't think of any new changes since she first was pt. 

Quoting sthflachk:

You need to start asking her to go potty every 30 minutes or so. I wouldn't put a potty in each room either. I had to stop letting my dd3 have water in her room at night. She has been pt for almost a year and still has accidents.

sthflachk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Then I wouldn't worry too much, she's only two and they sometimes have setbacks. The reason I said not to use a potty chair in every room is because she isn't learning she has to stop whatever she is doing to take the time to pee. You need to be involved again and tell her to go potty every 20-30 minutes until she gets into the habit again. No more water in the bedroom. I also woke my dd up before I went to bed and put her on the potty to pee. She always did and didn't wet the bed. Now she has accidents every once in a while at night and sometimes when she is playing and doesn't stop and I forget to tell her.

Quoting momma1708:

Quoting sthflachk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump for other opinions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma1708
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I think you are right. I am worried aboutnot giving her water to take to bed with her because I know she gets thirsty at night. I can hear her drink out of her sippy cup some nights after she has fallen asleep. I will give it a try. 
I do 100% agree with you about not taking the potty into every room she goes in because then she can just run off and go back to whatever she is doing and it becomes difficult to get her to wipe and wash her hands because she is not in the right room for it. Thanks!  

Quoting sthflachk:

Then I wouldn't worry too much, she's only two and they sometimes have setbacks. The reason I said not to use a potty chair in every room is because she isn't learning she has to stop whatever she is doing to take the time to pee. You need to be involved again and tell her to go potty every 20-30 minutes until she gets into the habit again. No more water in the bedroom. I also woke my dd up before I went to bed and put her on the potty to pee. She always did and didn't wet the bed. Now she has accidents every once in a while at night and sometimes when she is playing and doesn't stop and I forget to tell her.

Quoting momma1708:

Quoting sthflachk:

sthflachk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM
You're welcome! My dd had her sippy of water at night too and would drink all night. I started weaning her from it by putting less and less water in it until I finally told her she was all done with it cause she was a big girl! Good luck!

Quoting momma1708:

I think you are right. I am worried aboutnot giving her water to take to bed with her because I know she gets thirsty at night. I can hear her drink out of her sippy cup some nights after she has fallen asleep. I will give it a try. 
I do 100% agree with you about not taking the potty into every room she goes in because then she can just run off and go back to whatever she is doing and it becomes difficult to get her to wipe and wash her hands because she is not in the right room for it. Thanks!  

Quoting sthflachk:

Quoting momma1708:

Quoting sthflachk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lclmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

my daughter will be 3 in feb  she has been fully potty trained and out of pullups for about 4 or 5 months now she did the same thing started having accidents out of the blue it was like she got bored of being a bbig girl all you can do is be patient she will go on her own time keep potty in bathroom and dont give her water in bed also try buying a seat and stool for big potty so she can bbe like mommy every kid is differint you just have to figure out what works for her

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)