Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

American Girl dolls- do your dd's have one?

Posted by   + Show Post

My SIL gave my dd an American Girl doll.  (I personally think she's a little young for it, but oh well...) Do your dd's have one? Do they actually play with them?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
juniebug11
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
My DD has a different version of the American girl doll ( my mom wanted to get her one but she's only 19 months) the one we got for her, she plays with it all the time. It's her fav. Baby, she carries it around. She takes gymnastics and we got the doll a gymnastics outfit and she'll flip her over and stuff.

I didn't think she'd like the American girl , but after I see her with this doll, I think she would enjoy it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queen_k0302
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
No. She wants one but i cant see spending $100 on a doll for a 4pinecillon yr old. Im getting her the my life doll. Walmart has them for 30. They seem to be identical to agd.
navewife
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Only because someone else bought it for her...I just couldnt bring myself to pay that much for a doll...but she also got a sewing machine because she wants to be a fashion designer, so guess who is going to be making her own american girl doll clothes.....now that is being resourceful lol
sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Quoting navewife:

Only because someone else bought it for her...I just couldnt bring myself to pay that much for a doll...but she also got a sewing machine because she wants to be a fashion designer, so guess who is going to be making her own american girl doll clothes.....now that is being resourceful lol

That's great!   I always wanted to learn to sew as a kid, but had no one to teach me. I'm sure this skill will come in very handy! 

RheaF
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
My DD has them and plays with them all the time. The Target stuff does for them as well.
sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Quoting RheaF:

My DD has them and plays with them all the time. The Target stuff does for them as well.

Oh good!

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quoting queen_k0302:

No. She wants one but i cant see spending $100 on a doll for a 4pinecillon yr old. Im getting her the my life doll. Walmart has them for 30. They seem to be identical to agd.

The Target version is really nice so I'm sure the Walmart version will be nice as well! 

erinsmom1964
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
No but Erin got a Corelle baby for xmas. Google 18 inch doll clothes and you will find alot. I have one site but cant get it for you mobile i will try and remember to grab it when i get inside
matofour
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Me too! I was just a little too old when they came out.

My girls save up their money, and we have been given a few hand me downs. Plus Craigslist rocks!! I was able to get three dolls (one for each girl for Xmas) for under 100 on Craigslist.

The resell value is pretty high. You can sell them almost what you paid for them, especially if they are in good shape.
And if they are retired dolls, or pleasant company (what american girl doll was before american girl), they will go for a lot of money! (Hundreds!!)

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting matofour:

My girls LOVE theirs.

My oldest is just about to order the new doll of the year, she's been saving up.

I think between my three girls they have 14 dolls, and tons and tons of accessories and clothes.

I should of bought stock in that company.

Wow! I would have killed for one of these dolls as a kid! lol

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
My sister and I never had them. My daughters are 3 and 7mo so they don't know yet. I honestly don't understand the point? Maybe someone can explain to me the purpose of spending ^100 on a doll?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN