Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

American Girl dolls- do your dd's have one?

Posted by   + Show Post

My SIL gave my dd an American Girl doll.  (I personally think she's a little young for it, but oh well...) Do your dd's have one? Do they actually play with them?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Quoting RheaF:

AG dolls also have a lifetime warranty. If something on the doll breaks(not your fault) they will fix it. If you ( your child) breaks something you can send it to the doll hospital to be fixed. They are really nice, and last longer than any doll I have found. DD still plays with my AG doll, that is almost 20 years old. I know I played with her hard, lol. She is in great shape.

That's good to know!  Thanks!

Gweneveer
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
My almost 6 yr old just got one for Christmas. She loves it!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

No, I'm not spending that much money to have the doll end up butt naked. Target has dolls that look just like them for half the price.

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Mine doesn't. I don't expect she ever will.

mommybecky
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

We have a ridiculous amount of AG dolls and accessories.  We just went today and got Saige, the new Girl of the Year.  My girls love them!

pitbull4me
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM

My dd is 9 and has nine AG dolls and I just ordered Saige for Valentine's Day(like 10 mins. ago).She has way too many accessories!!! Here she is the weekend before Christmas after hitting the AG store in DC.We went for a girls weekend and so she could buy Julie(saved b-day $).

calvinsmommy18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
No my dd is only 11 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Santa brought 1 to my moms house for the 6 year old and then he brought ANOTHER to my grandmthers house for her. Along with $500 worth of accessories. (Santa did not bring any to my house)

She LOVES them and plays with them daily. For her bday (and her BFF"s bday which is a week before hers) we are going to take them to the Amer Girl Doll store in NYC

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Yes she just go one for Christmas she will be 7 in April and is the exact same age I was when
I got my first one. She takes her everywhere
I will let her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Yes she got bitty baby when she turned one, we'll probably let her pick a full sized doll for her next birthday. She doesn't play with the baby much at home, but loves bringing her to the AG store/bistro.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)