Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Girl dolls- do your dd's have one?

Posted by   + Show Post

My SIL gave my dd an American Girl doll.  (I personally think she's a little young for it, but oh well...) Do your dd's have one? Do they actually play with them?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:30 AM
My dd has Julie. And as
Soon as I find my
Samantha doll she will have her too

Quoting pitbull4me:

My dd is 9 and has nine AG dolls and I just ordered Saige for Valentine's Day(like 10 mins. ago).She has way too many accessories!!! Here she is the weekend before Christmas after hitting the AG store in DC.We went for a girls weekend and so she could buy Julie(saved b-day $).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJTC0911
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Not yet, she's only 3 1/2 & I want her to be at an age where she can truly appreciate the doll! So probably when she turns 5 we'll make it a special birthday surprise!
gina6239
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I have mine from when I was little, but I plan to give it  to her when she is 6 or 7. She doesn't really play with dolls much, and when she does she prefers baby dolls right now. She is a total barbie girl, but based on how their hair looks, she is not ready for an American Girl doll yet lol!

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

My aunt gave DD one last Christmas when she was only 1.  She is way too young for them, so we put it away until she is old enough to play with it and appreciate it. 

KairisMama
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

My DD has the American Babies (twins) and 2 American Girl dolls. She plays with them on occasion.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My lo loves dolls but she's only 2 so I figure maybe the next year or two I'll get her one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

My daughter has the bitty baby and she loves it.

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM

DD is 3 1/2 and I think she's too young. When she's older, I don't see why not.

turtle07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Damn she spent a crapton of money on your DD. I don't have a daughter yet but I went into the AG store to be nosey. Going to take your doll in for a facial and manicure? LOL unfreaking believable! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)