Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Ughh! Those tiny pieces!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 30 Replies

I am seriously hating all the tiny pieces that came with LO's Christmas gifts.  They're all over the place and it's driving me crazy!

Did your Lo's get any toys with lots of little pieces? 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My five year old got a lego set, but he knows that if they aren't on something that is being built, they need to be in the box, no loose pieces around or they could get lost. 

calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM
No. I've learned that all the pieces never stay together so I try to avoid those types of toys now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zinniadaisy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I throw them away!

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Quoting zinniadaisy:

I throw them away!

Lol, I might eventually, but they are too new right now and are still being played with. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

OMG I almost posted about this yesterday as I cleaned my son's room looking for lost Legos from Christmas and his birthday!!!  Normally I make him clean his own room but I had tiny pieces to find and some things to throw away without an argument so I got his whole room de-Christmasized (he had a tiny tree, some lights, etc) and still found ZERO missing Legos.  I hate those damn things and now we can't complete a couple of his presents because of it.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Yes, and they went into the basement where its fine LOL.  I just hate that kind of crap too.  We have a 1yo in the house that eats everything, so we avoid that kind of stuff as much as we can.

momdays
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM

LOL! Yes, and I tossed them before they were even seen! DS got the Imaginext Bat cave and I tossed all the little attachments. I knew they'd be lost and contantly asked for after they were lost.

by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:20 AM

This! When I am home alone--or nobodys looking--left to my own devices. I HATE little pieces

Quoting zinniadaisy:

I throw them away!

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Yes my 6 & 4 yo did, as long as it stays in their room idc.

We have legos, army sets, glitter Nd sequins from art sets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDearie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Jigsaw puzzles! I avoid the really big number ones for my 2 youngest as they are way too young to be doing 100 piece puzzles and the pieces just end up everywhere. But my mother keeps buying them for them. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get her to stop buying those types of things please let me know. She constantly buys the kids things I'd rather they not have- and always shows up with hand-me-downs from other people that aren't size or weather or style appropriate for any of the kids- and well the list goes on. Oy. I love her but she drives me nuts with all this junk! Sorry for the rant....

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)